the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

08 lincoln mkz / evo can door pin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Need some help here, I wired everything up and im trying to program it but its just not happening. This wiring diagram for the driver door/RAP wire is confusing me a tiny bit its not very clear to me so maybe some one can chime in and give me a hand with it. According to the diagram i wired YELLOW /GREEN to the SJB, and yellow/red towards the door pin. The battery died on me early so i also think that is why i am having a hard time trying to activate the remote starter. Also would the driver door wire stop the module from programming? Thank you for any input it is very much appreciated08 lincoln mkz / evo can door pin -- posted image.
If anyone could email me or post a directechs sheet that would be awesome too
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
It doesn't matter which way round you connect the yellow/red & YELLOW /GREEN. They are just connect to an internal relay that breaks the connection when the module wants to turn off the vehicles RAP.
No it is not necessary for programming nor would it hinder programming.
dcman41 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
finally got the car to remote start. Any idea why the doors dont unlock and lock with the viper remote start? The module says it does door locks/arm disarm/foot/handbrake/trunk rls all through d2d, yet nothing happens when i unlock the car with the aftermarket remote
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
What firmware, bypass, and remote start are you using? Pre-emptively, I'm going to say the bypass and remote start are speaking different D2D languages/protocols so in essence they aren't communicating.
dcman41 
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
im using a evo-can hardware revision 5 with a clifford matrix 1.3x. I have the latest firmware installed on it
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
I want to say the fortin datalink protocol is incompatible with the DBI D2D protocol of the clifford. If someone with more clifford and fortin meshing experience can chime in that'd be great.
You can connect the two in wire to wire (W2W) mode. Some techs prefer this method over D2D and some prefer this method when dealing with brands and/or combinations they've had D2D problems with in the past. I like D2D myself but when the two units can't talk over D2D your left with W2W.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic