icon

2002 chrysler t, c w/ dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edhern720 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a Python Responder 1 with an Xpresskit DBALL2 into the vehicle in my subject. The module is flashed with the correct firmware. All the connections are in place and programmed according to the install manual. When I engage the Python, the sequence proceeds to flash the security light and denies the start. I insert the key into the ignition and engage the unit, the security light stays solid, but it still doesn't start. The installation manual doesn't call to wire up the violet/brown mux wire in the ignition harness and it mentions to connect to an "accessory" which I have no idea what it means. That may be my issue but I would like confirmation from someone who has installed a bunch of these. Much appreciated.
Eduardo Hernandez
edhern720 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
2002 Chrysler Town & Country
Eduardo Hernandez
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
So you have ignition and starter connected from the python to the ignition switch?
The two SKIM wires from the dball2 connected in the right order to right the SKIM wire which is cut?
The J1850 (data) wire connected to the J1850 (data) wire found at the OBD2 plug?
The two door lock (MUX) output wires connected to the BCM?
And you have successfully programmed the dball2 to the car after installation - all the light flashes occur in order as indicated in the guide?
Do other functions of the dball2 work? trunk release, door trigger, lock/unlock, tach output (learn the tach on the RS)?
Accessory is the accessory wire of the ignition, it powers (as you may have guessed) accessories. Not required for things to work but typically the accessory wire supplies power to the HVAC/climate control.
If all your connections are made and correct and your using D2D you might want to try W2W. Depending on if other functions (listed above) work via D2D or if they don't work, D2D communication may be the issue.
edhern720 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply catback. YES, YES, YES, NO, YES. I'm only using the DBALL2 to bypass the immobilizer since my customer wishes to continue using the Chrysler fobs. With that, I didn't wire up doorlocks, door trigger, etc. This vehicle doesn't use accessory, does it? When the unit tries to start, the AC unit kicks on without having an accessory connected which baffles me. The Python unit is the Responder One which is a one button 2-way RS.
Eduardo Hernandez
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
All high-current ignition switches have an accessory position and wire. How else is the owner going to turn on just the radio?
I have to wonder if you have the right ignition wire. The circuit that powers the heater/ac fan cuts out when the key is turned to start. The true ignition does not, for obvious reasons.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic