icon

newbie scytek 5000rs 2w

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aztanker 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hello 12volt gurus! I received a Scytek 5000rs-2w remote start/alarm for my birthday and need a bit of assistance.
My car is a 1984 Toyota Celica/Supra that I have restored. I have the wiring diagram that's available for this old car, but obviously it is a bit vague. The alarm has 2 main harnesses. On the 6 pin, I have hooked up the 2 main 12v wires, and the violet starter output. This harness has an ignition output (+)-yellow wire ("connect to main ign wire that PROVIDES +12v when ign on and cranking starter)and a 2nd ignition output (+)-brown. I have all of my 20 pin harness connections made that I am using already (dome light output, tach, brake etc) but this harness has a yellow +12v ignition input wire (connect to main ign wire that SHOWS +12v when on and cranking starter.) My question is which yellow wire goes to the wire the wiring diagram here showed, blk / YELLOW at ignition switch harness? Do I hook them both to this wire? Or, am I supposed to cut the wire, and connect the one that says input to one side and the output one on the other side of the cut?
I hope my question made sense. I've been working on this alarm for hours now.
--AZtanker--
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
You connect both yellow wires to your ignition (hot in run and cranking) wire on the car. I presume the yellow on the 20-pin harness is much smaller than the remote start (6-pin) harness.
aztanker 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is. 20 pin is about 20gauge and the 6 pin is 14 maybe?
So both go on that blk / YELLOW wire? In my head it didn't add up. One of the yellow wires is labeled an output and one is labeled as an input. Thanks for the help!
--AZtanker--
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Indeed, the larger one supplies power to the ignition during remote start. The smaller one allows the unit to detect if the key is on.
efx26 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
That's the brand of alarm I'm replacing, not that model but still. I would stay away from that brand. Just saying.
efx26 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
I finally took out the scytek alarm and found the installer used both door input triggers. Yes he connected the positive and negative input triggers in my car. So that may have been why I also had problems with it. Either way, the new non-scytek alarm I installed is working fine so all is good on that car. I also did a cleaner install and can now go fix the broken air bag cases when I get some time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic