icon

programming fortin evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kennyd. 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys so last year I posted that I was going to install a Evo-All to a 2006 honda Crv.
Just this past week I tackled on the job to install a solace combo alarm and car starter model SA3 .
I have everything all hooked up!
But Im stuck at the programming stage of the EVo-all by pass module. I have all the wires hooked up and followed the exact sequencing to program the module in the guide.
The module doesnt want to flash blue after the leds flash red, as it was described in the guide.
I figured that since I connected the data to data link connecter thinking that it would make my install simpler and less wires to hookup, by looking at the guide I actually dont even use the 5pin can-bus connecter.
So then I decided just to cut the 4 pin data link connecter and wire the red wire to 12v and black to ground, and retry my programming sequence.....but in the end Im still stuck at step 6 on the guide as its supposed to flash red 10 times then blue.
My module just flashes red and then no blue lights flash?
Can someone please help????
Ive read that these modules can be programmed to three vehicles and then be locked from programming after that.
I hope I havent reached that as I tried repeatedly to program it on the honda.
Can someone give me some hope?
Just to let you guys know, I programmed the remotes they work fine!, programmed the tach signal, tried my door locks they work fine, horn, sierns, parking lights work just fine.
Whats not working yet is remote starting as I cant get my bypass module programmed, and I havent tested the alarm.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Assuming that you are following Install Guide #3024 and the Type 3 Connection diagram and that the EVO-ALL is

flashed with the correct firmware ( Ver 4.09, 4.18, or X.73.yy ).

From your description, it is at Step 6 where you don't get the Blue LED.  Double check you EVO-ALL connections to

the CR-V's transponder plug, especially the Data and Ignition wires.  These should be properly soldered and well
insulated.  The wire colors and pin positions listed in the install guide are correct.

Where is the EVO-ALL Dark Blue GWR wire connected?  Should be CN8 Pin 1 WHITE/ Purple ( not GWA ).

Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I havent actually soldered the connections for the bypass module just yet.
I just splice into the insulation and tapped in the wiring?
I'll do that right now!.......okey done that!
Programming as we speak........
Nope! Nothing! Same as before no blue flashing light?
Dark blue is connected to WHITE/ purple
Firmware is version 4.18 as it says on the label.
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Does the wires have to be connected near the connecter where its connected to the igniton barrel?
The connections I tapped into are connected farther away down the ignition harness.
Is this okey? Or does it need to be near the connecter?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
No but make absolutely sure you have the colours correct, they are pastel and hard to get right, go on pin numbers.
I've fried a DB-ALL2 doing them the wrong way round.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  

There isn't a whole lot to this EVO-ALL install.  It only performs the transponder bypass function for your year CR-V.

If you have wired it as W2W, the 4 Pin connector is cut and the Red and Black wires as supplying +12V and Chassis
Ground.  The Red 6 Pin connector just opens the CR-V's Security Light circuit so it won't Blink during a remote start
but should have no affect on programming the module.  The other two connections ( Data & Ignition ) do most of the
work. 

Basically, during programming, Step 1 does a reset on the module.  Step 2 selects Honda.  Step 4 selects your 2006

CR-V and Step 5 locks it in.  At this point the bypass module knows to follow the internal programming for your vehicles
needs and is waiting to capture the transponder info from the Data wire when it sees the Ignition wire go to +12V.  It
confirms this by flashing the Red LED 10 times and then flashing the Blue LED to signal it is finished. 

You could put a DMM on the Ignition wire to verify that it goes to +12V when the key is turned to ON.  Other than triple

checking your connections as Howard suggested, there isn't much to do.  It either works or it doesn't.  I haven't
had any Out Of Box failure with Fortin modules but yours could be bad.  Did you buy this module as new and in a
factory sealed box?  Perhaps it has been re-flashed with some other firmware that does not support your Honda.
You would need the FlashLink cable to check.  That would be my first check ( actually, I would have flashed the
EVO-ALL module with the latest firmware myself just prior to use ).  You might try taking the EVO-ALL to a local
12V shop or perhaps BestBuy to see if they will check or re-flash it for you.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
I had my first EVO-CAN DOA so there. Other than that X 2 with Kreg.
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys so I asked a Q and A at the fortin website, and they said that it should only blink red and thats it!
Well I'll hook everything back up and, see if it works but...
i think I still need to program the R/S pink white wire to accessory2 since the ignition harness of the CRV has two accessory wires? Still thinking of what else I need to program, I think my door trigger wires are wrong, the alarm wont go off as I shake the car?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Why should it? Try kicking a front wheel hard or slapping the back of a front door hard.
I just reread your post. Arm, wait 10 seconds then open a door with the key.
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah still have to test out my AuX connections for the rear defrost and heated seats.
Hope they work after remote starting.
(thanks yellow_cake)
Also with smokeman1 suggestion on testing the defrost wire with a DMM, it seems that it is a Negative pulsed defroster, I will still need to program those AUX connections to PULSE.
I hope I am doing this right?
Keeping my figers crossed.....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic