2006 dodge ram avital 5303 , dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rbeard 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Guys...
   I have searched and cannot find an answer. I am installing an Avital 5303 alarm & RS into a 2006 Dodge ram with the DBALL2. I have tried everything and cannot seem to get the DBALL2 to communicate with the Avital. Am I missing something?
I have it hooked up per the instructions using D2D and install method 4. Am I using the right install? The DBALL2 programs and gives me a red light when i push 3X lock button on Dodge Keyfob. However, it does nothing when I press the avital remote. It will not remote start (just clicking like dead battery) Avital will not set off the alarm when I open a door and it is armed. I cannot figure it out. Any help??? Thanks!!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
You don't mention if you turned the ignition switch to ON and wait for the LED to start flashing green. Did this step get completed?
Also if you could list your connections, it will help give us a picture of what is what. Your vehicle lists two different connections, 3 or 4, depending on if there is or is not a (+) starter wire at the ignition switch.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
rbeard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2014 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I was able to get it to program through turning the key to "on" and get flashing green led. Turn off and remove key and click lock button. Flashes orange then goes away. No other led flashing unless i hit factory keyfob 3x and then it flashes red like 9 times.
Ok...the following is the way it is hooked up:
DBALL2 - exactly as listed in install method 3c, not 4...my bad
Avital 5303
➤ Primary harness (H1), 12-pin connector
H1/2 RED (+) CONSTANT POWER INPUT - battery
H1/3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT
H1/5 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND INPUT - ground
➤ Heavy gauge relay satellite wiring diagram
H/1 PURPLE STARTER OUTPUT TO STARTER (STARTER SIDE) - starter side of cut GREEN/ YELLOW starter wire
H/2 GREEN STARTER INPUT FROM IGNITION (KEY SIDE) - key side of cut starter wire
H/3 RED (+) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT - battery
H/5 PINK OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT - pink ignition wire
H/6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT - battery
➤ Remote start harness, (H3) 5-pin connector
H3/1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT - connected to switch
H3/3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT WIRE - connect to brake wire
I read about another person having a bad d2d port on an avital alarm and the brain would not talk to dball2. I am leaning this direction and have ordered another 5303 to try another brain. Any other suggestions? I have already replaced DBALL2 once so I am sure it is not the bypass.
Thanks for the help!!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
If this is an automatic transmission, the neutral safety, BLACK/ White should go to chassis ground.
Possible needing the RED / white, on the heavy gauge wire harness, connected to constant 12 volts.
Are your connections soldered or crimped ?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
rbeard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2014 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Wires are not soldered, they are connected with posi-taps where possible and crimped everywhere else.
In regards to the RED / white the manual says:
H/7
RED / WHITE
(+) 12V INPUT
Connect this wire to a +12V source. It supplies voltage to the pink/white 2nd ignition/accessory output. If the vehicle does not have a 2nd ignition/accessory, then this wire does not need to be connected.
The truck does not have the second ignition, so I did not connect.
Thanks for the help!
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2014 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
I take it you hooked up the 4-pin D2D cable from the dball2 to the correct plug on the avital?
If so and still nothing then it looks like you'll have to do W2W.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
I don't use d2d but doesn't the port need to be changed from bitwriter to d2d by depowering the brain then grounding the WHITE/ blue then repower the unit, then remove the WHITE/ blue from ground ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
rbeard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
Chev....thank you...I have been looking for those instructions for 3 days. I cannot find them for the 5303. I will try that because that seems to be the issue. I also have another alarm coming in today so I will see what happens later. Thanks for the info.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure if it's the same for the 5303. I always do W2W for all systems I don't trust d2d enough yet. I don't have the 5303 install guide in front of me right now. But on the others the WHITE/ blue is the activation input.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
rbeard 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
Chev...you are a lifesaver...just did your recommendation and it started talking to the DBALL2 immediately and everything is working as it should. Thanks so much for your help!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic