icon

2002 jaguar x type alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
generalgoomz 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
hey i have a customer that has an 02 jaguar x type. he wants an older python 323.
i have found 2 different wiring diagrams posted here, and was wondering if someone could clarify what is needed and what is not. the first examples are from the vehicle database, the others are posted from velocity motors, a member. i dont know which one i should follow...
for instance, vehicle db says the lock wire in this car is green and orange. orange is lock detection...diode isolate. velocity motors says just green. no diode needed. my question for this is do i or do i not need a diode?
the other thing is vehicle db says for the door trigger, use dome light supervision wire. the door trigger wire must be relay isolated to avoid false alarms. how do i wire a relay to do this? velocity motors says door trigger is blk/pnk. no relay isolation needed. can i just tag BLACK/ pink?
those are my 2 issues i hope i wont have to come across...thanks for your knowledge in advance!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Jeff is essentially correct, relay not needed for domelight.
This vehicle is essentially UK Ford Mondeo under the skin (Fusion) and I wrote the install guide for then Clifford, essentially the same with different colours. Forget door detection, vehicle is too old to worry about it.
generalgoomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2014 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so pretty straightforward then...thank you for clarifying for me!
generalgoomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hey update! The alarm was very easy as in finding wire colors, the Custy called me thus morning and said 15 mins after arming the unit last night and this morning, the alarm went off out of nowhere. I believe it may be the door trigger wire. He hasn't gotten back to ne as in how many times the led flashes upon unlocking the car after this happens, and it goes off only 1 time after arming about 15 mins later. So I can be prepared, and for future knowledge, can anyone tell me how to wire a relay to relay isolate a domelight wire? Thank you
generalgoomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Also if it helps, I tagged the lock detection wire (orange) as my lock wire, the green lock wire in the gecm wouldn't work as lock, but the orange worked fine. Not sure if this is related but that's what I did
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Go to downloads, connect to all the door triggers as DEI 10776 diagram, don't do domelight supervision not needed.
It's the BCM sending a timer pulse after a sleep period.
generalgoomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
The page isn't found or available...but if that tech doc is for the need of a diode I can do that no problem
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Should be in the Downloads/Manuals section, DEI Tech Tips, if not go to Audiovox/code Tech or Bulldog.
2 X 1N4004 diode for each door hood and trunk trigger.
generalgoomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
I found it thank you. I will see the car tomorrow ill let you know how it turns out
generalgoomz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2014 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hey bad news...it went off 30 mins later again. I wired the diodes (2 1n4004 1 amp diodes) just as in the tech doc...with the stripe from the alarm facing the bcm, and the bcm side of the wire with the second diode with the stripe facing the alarm. the trunk and door triggers stopped working all together. I would lock the car with the door open...no 2 chirp error warning. So then I used 1 diode with the stripe facing the bcm. The alarm chirped 2 times when I armed the car with the door open as it should. It did the same with the trunk. I thought it worked, but 30 minutes later, it goes off again. I have the correct wire colors, tested with a meter. I haven't really done cars with the need to diode isolate much and when I did, it worked fine. I'm very much stumped any help would be appreciated
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic