icon

viper 5904 remote start suddenly quit wor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
So I've had my 5904 installed on my 09 Mazdaspeed 3 for almost a year now, been working flawlessly for months. I remote started it this morning on the way to work, no issue. However when I went out on lunch break I told it to remote start and no dice, the accessory circuits and everything powered up but no attempt at starting. Tried it three more times with same results. Checked all fuses and all are intact, the brain receives the signal and initiates the process but no attempt at start is ever made. Even tried reflashing the brain with the bitwriter that didn't help either. I'm using tach input signal for checking and its never giving any error that the car isn't running which is very weird. Any ideas on what to check or try?
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Also I did a successful valet takeover so I believe that means the bypass is functional...
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Another update, triple checked fuses and they're all good, also checked voltage on purple starter wire as suggested in install guide, no voltage was present during remote start attempt, which I kind of already knew since the car will start with the key just fine...
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
There's a work around. Take a standard Bosch/Tycho automotive cub relay then H2 violet / YELLOW to 85, constant 12V+ fused at 30amps to 86 and 87.
Join purple to 30.
Diode 1N4004 across 85 and 86, band to 86.
Or get the brain swapped under warrantee.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
yea i was thinking it might be the internal relay...thanks howie i'll give that as shot.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
OK howie, so i tried the relay for bypassing the brain, when i hooked everything up and tried it out, still no go. I checked the signals on the relay and found i was not getting a ground on the violet / YELLOW during remote start operation, which makes me thing that circuit may be damaged as well... any thoughts?   FYI i have that violet yellow also bypassing my clutch, so is it possible that the 200 mA ground is not enough to ground the clutch and activate the coil in the relay simultaneously?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Try a pair of 1N4004 diodes on each branch, bands towards the Viper and yes it may failed on the starter circuit.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2014 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
So I checked my violet yellow wire by itself to see if it was continuous to ground during remote start, no ground was present so I guess I'll have to get a new brain...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic