icon

two relays to one switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
My apols Howard. I have no feel for those horns; most I have seen are usually 8A or less.
But I agree with air horns. I've been meaning to mount my old bike horns to my car as a second & final warning, or for fast & country use (where they'd probably also turn on full beams).
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
I feel this thread like the last is a time waster unless our PO as access to machinery to fabricated the custom brackets required, even then there are extreme space limitations as I discovered with Woofs* l and ll.
*Woof = Rover, dogs go Woof.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
I saw the mounting in the link. Those horns wouldn't last a week with me. (I even removed my OEM under tray reverse light 'cos it kept getting knocked up. (Not pregnant; merely lighting the underside of the tray pan.)
nat28 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
As I pointed out on your previous post, air horns would be far louder, you can feed them from the original horns, just up grade the fuse. With 4 horns, you're giving yourself a mounting/positional nightmare.
I understand air horns are louder. However, they also need a compressor and their use is restricted where I live. The four horns were designed to be mounted in one vehicle.
2013 Subaru Outback Limited
2005 Toyota Sequoia
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yes but not YOUR vehicle.
nat28 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I feel this thread like the last is a time waster unless our PO as access to machinery to fabricated the custom brackets required, even then there are extreme space limitations as I discovered with Woofs* l and ll.
*Woof = Rover, dogs go Woof.
Howie, I appreciate the help you've offered. I'm sorry you feel my questions are "time wasters."
I've already modified the brackets and fabbed mounts.
2005 Toyota Sequoia
nat28 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
I saw the mounting in the link. Those horns wouldn't last a week with me. (I even removed my OEM under tray reverse light 'cos it kept getting knocked up. (Not pregnant; merely lighting the underside of the tray pan.)
I'm not sure to which mount you're referring, but the mount shown in the photo I included is the factory mount for thousands of GM vehicles. They've held up for those vehicles!
2005 Toyota Sequoia
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
OK, if that's the case by all means go for it but prepare to be disappointed with the sound output.
PS If the relay shown in your other thread was the one from the other vehicle that came with the horns then that should be adequate fused at 40amps.
nat28 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Yes but not YOUR vehicle.
Again, thank you for your help with the electrical aspects of my project. I will mount these horns so they last.
There is no reason to use all caps to get your point across. Just because I may not agree with you (air horns are best), doesn't mean I don't understand you.
2005 Toyota Sequoia
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Caps sorry where? Only to make a point better.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic