icon

2006 gmc envoy remot start.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azamora619 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2014 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everybody, did 2006 GMC ENVOY XL COME WITHOUT PASSLOCK II, Im looking into installing an alarm to this vehicle and while checking the wiring diagrams it states that a bypass module is required for this vehicle, but the thing is that I don't have the original key, I only have a copy of the key that I got from my local hardware store, how is this possible, does this mean that the vehicle does not have passlock II?? please help??
Knowledge is Power.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
That vehicle does have passlock. Also you are going to want to use a data module if you are wanting to do locks. If you don't you are going to create a bunch more work for yourself.
azamora619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
but doesn't passlock prevent you from starting the car with a key that does not have a chip on it. I lost the factory key, so I used the copy that I got at a local hardware store, which is not programmed because it only cost me $2. I want to use the blade lock and transponder bypass module for the lock and the passlock if t has it. will I need the original key to program this module or would I be able to use the copy since it can start the vehicle.
Knowledge is Power.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
If you can start the vehicle with a plain unprogrammed steel key then there is no factory immobilized system.
Gary Sather
azamora619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
tonanzith that's what I thought since im able to start the vehicle with a plain umprogrammed key. but the weird thing is that, it shows me the security light on the instrument cluster, and when I open the door like if I was breaking into the vehicle the cars factory alarm goes off and the security light comes on, but as soon as I use the plain unprogammed key to start the vehicle it starts the factory alarm stops.
Knowledge is Power.
tonanzith 
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Factory alarm, door trigger etc. is separate and different than a factory immobilized. You still need to bypass the factory alarm during remote start and for a keyless entry system but the vehicle doesn't have a starter kill feature. Or someone has used a module or resistors to permenantly bypass the immobilizer. Unlikely but I've seen it done.
Gary Sather
tonanzith 
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  
Either way you will want a module. It makes the install much easier. Especially if your adding keyless entry. Save yourself the trouble and get an idatalink or xpresskit module
Gary Sather
azamora619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
tonanzith, thanks for clarifying and I will go with an idatalink module. I will be installing an Excalibur 1850 remote/security alarm to this vehicle and I want to use the idatalink blade al, which I can use on the Excalibur unit, so my next question is will I be able to use the plain unprogrammed key to program the idatalink blad al module???
Knowledge is Power.
tonanzith 
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. You will need to do the process and it will basically learn that there is no immobilizer.
Gary Sather
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
False. False false.
The passlock system works off the tumbler not the key. It is passlock not passkey. There are no chips in the head of those vehicles.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic