icon

mazda 6 2003 w/ viper 4115v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mazda6viper 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2014 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
I need assistance with a few points on the install of the basic Viper 4115v one-way starter. The wire reference guide is here:
http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Viper/QRN4115V%20%202012-09%20%20print.pdf
The Primary Harness is labeled "H1" on the sheet I have with the starter, so I labeled it like that below.
The wires that I don't understand are:
> H1/4: (-) ACTIVATION INPUT
I have the model 4x05 slightly different from the 4x03 in the link. I have 2 separate connections for ESP and D2D. Does that mean I have no use for the (-) Activation Input wire?
> Satellite Harness - All wires
(-) 200mA output Status, Ignition, Accessory, and Starter
What is the Satellite Harness used for? Aren't those connections made in the Heavy Gauge Relay connection?
> H1/5: (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN LOCKED/ANTI-GRIND OUTPUT
It says the Ground When Locked function is not available, but I can use the Anti-Grind. Where do I connect the Anti-Grind?
Thanks for the help.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2014 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Activation input is to activate the remote start, pit-stop mode, or turbo timer - see manual for specifics on exactly what the model is capable of doing with a momentary push button switch mounted in the vehicle.
Satellite Harness is for additional relays that power ignition wires and/or the likes. This is an optional harness that's only used when the remote start harness doesn't have enough connections for the vehicle. The use of relays when using this satellite harness is required.
Anti-grind goes to a starter kill relay. I believe there are diagrams on this site for those but essentially you'll cut the starter wire between the ignition and the vehicle and insert the relay terminals #30 and #87a. The anti-grind will connect to terminal #85 on the relay and #86 will connect to the primary ignition wire. You can probably figure out what happens during a remote start.
mazda6viper 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2014 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Activation input is to activate the remote start, pit-stop mode, or turbo timer - see manual for specifics on exactly what the model is capable of doing with a momentary push button switch mounted in the vehicle.
Satellite Harness is for additional relays that power ignition wires and/or the likes. This is an optional harness that's only used when the remote start harness doesn't have enough connections for the vehicle. The use of relays when using this satellite harness is required.
Anti-grind goes to a starter kill relay. I believe there are diagrams on this site for those but essentially you'll cut the starter wire between the ignition and the vehicle and insert the relay terminals #30 and #87a. The anti-grind will connect to terminal #85 on the relay and #86 will connect to the primary ignition wire. You can probably figure out what happens during a remote start.
Thanks for this.
There is a pit-stop mode, but it activates with a click of the remote, not another switch. It doesn't have many features beyond that
I only have 1 ignition, 1 starter and 2 accessory, so I guess the satellite harness isn't necessary.
Is the anti-grind recommended? For me, I figure there is a better chance of me messing up the wiring than forgetting not to try to start the car.
A little of topic, but I always put my foot on the brake when I start the car. That would turn off the remote start, and I would grind it anyway.
Thanks again.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2014 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
Turn the key to ignition on before using foot brake.
Normal running then takes over automatically from remote start.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2014 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
I put anti-grind in all my remote starts, not for necessarily myself but for others that may get in my car. The habit of turning the key all the way to start is so strong in so many that even when they know what to do they still turn it all the way before catching themselves.
But still it's optional, and typically the installer/main user is the one who needs it the least so if you don't want to mess with doing it then you don't have to.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2014 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I know I do try to train them though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic