icon

2012 mazda 6 can bus sleep?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cz0f822 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2014 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
I may give that a try also. Thanks for your assistance. I finally heard back from Directed and, as I expected, they refuse to help people who put revenue in their pockets unless they are "authorized". Which is extremely annoying considering that they sell their product through Amazon (direct to consumers), provide me the hardware and software to flash the product as well as provide the authorization to program the unit (Key2Go). Yet when there is trouble with their product or firmware they throw up the red flag. That's how it goes, I guess. Should have stuck with Crimestopper, at least they support their product.
cz0f822 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Last night I hard wired the OEM Arm / Disarm on the Viper module -- everything worked fine this morning. It goes through quite a routine to wake up (I believe the drivers door also unlocks during the wake up routine) then unlock the doors. I might play with the settings a some more to clean that up but at least it's working now. Thanks again for your help!
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 05, 2014 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
You're welcome. Glad you got it working.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2014 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Could I point out that DEI don't sell their product through Amazon; it's sold that way through sub-dealers.
Also the instructions are designed to be easily understandable to experienced installers, not the man in the street who dabbles in car audio.
Don't know why I'm defending them, they've just shafted us by restricting us to the 5204 rather than 57 and 59 previously available to us via Europe.
Having said that about 80% of the problems are down to first time installers not reading the instructions properly, not doing basic homework on their vehicle and poor jointing methods such as Scotckloks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2014 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
Also the experienced installer knows that the DB-ALL2 doesn't do everything that's written on the can (pardon the pun I couldn't help it!)
I used to discard the H2 plug and loom, now I keep it handy, sometimes no parking brake, hood or tach sense and you have to hard wire.
I always delete the OEM key on flashing yet unless I go W2W it STILL seems to recognise it.
funkhouse9 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2015 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
wirewise wrote:
I haven't done a 2012 Mazda 6, but it sounds like the BCM is going to sleep. Did you connect to the factory arm/disarm lead?
Factory Alarm Arm     black (driver door key lock)     -1000 ohms     BCM in driver kick, white 16 pin plug (6), pin 14
Factory Alarm Disarm     (same as factory alarm arm)     double -
I am experiencing this exact same issue with my 2013 Mazda CX-9 Sport. It doesn't have an alarm installed, so I'm wondering if that same factory alarm arm/disarm scenario would still apply to wake up the BCM. If so, any idea what wires those would be?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic