icon

2002 bmw x5 no doorlock after rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kevin2443 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
Does the flip flop situation matter here if the doors are automatically unlocked when the car is remote started? When the doors are unlocked and the center console button is pressed, the doors lock. I just walked out to my 2006 x5 and whenever it is unlocked and the center console button is pressed, the doors lock. You never have to press twice to lock like if it were out of sync. Am I missing something here?
kevin2443 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
My mistake, it seems you are not trying to lock the doors after remote start. You are trying to get the remote starter key fob to unlock and lock the doors when it is remote started. Am I right? Is it possible you wire the remote starter's "arm after start" wire to the center console, and then use the remote starter's lock wire to the power door lock. Only with the engine off, the door locks would work correctly? With the engine on, the doors would remain locked. There wouldn't be any way to accidentally unlock them?
Not sure about any of this. Just thinking about it because I am going to install a remote starter on my 06 x5 before winter
chriskonzen 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin- What you described with the arm after start will work. However my dilemma NOW becomes after it is started AND locked with the rearm wire. How does the customer unlock the door when they approach it to enter? This is my rock and a hard place. If you can answer that all of my problems go away! LOL. Let me know.
chriskonzen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Ween- Yes this was the post I referred to earlier in my post. After re-visiting your post I realized why I quickly excluded it as option. I couldn't review the link posted in it. If you had access to it I would certainly consider it as an option. A diagram possibly? I do have pulse timers in the shop. Thank you for your reply. Appreciate all the feedback.
kevin2443 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
Chris- I understand exactly what you mean now. I would be extremely interested in hearing how to solve this problem. Though I don't know much about the 5 wire technique mentioned earlier, it seems like a full proof plan now that I have researched it. Your question about if you need to connect to both driver and passenger doorlocks remains unanswered. The 5 wire technique seems to require quite a bit of work too.
I was thinking about this earlier and wondered what exactly happens when the engine is running to make the door locks not work. It seems to me like something would be "cut out" when the engine is running, either the door lock motor's power or ground. If you could figure out which one was cut out, maybe the remote starter could supply either when the car is remote started. What are your thoughts on this?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Is auto lock programmed in? If so disengage it.
chriskonzen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Howie- The current status of the Remote start is unlock before start and re-lock after start. Issue: door unlocks and cant re-lock. I know what your thinking "easy" turn the unlock before start off and the doors will remain locked. That is great except that the whole issue is I get no functionality lock OR unlock. So regardless of whether the doors are locked or unlocked after start my dilemma remains the same I cannot CURRENTLY lock or unlock after the engine has started. I was hoping someone might have encountered this and could offer their personal experience.
I have tried both methods for example:
Method 1: doors unlock, vehicle starts, doors remain unlocked. customers vehicle is unprotected!
Method 2: doors remain locked, vehicle starts, doors remain locked, customer cannot enter the vehicle unless they turn the key in the door and manually unlock it like a cave man. Either method seems to be flawed!
I fear having to drill an even bigger hole through the plastic door boot to accommodate 4-5 wires to use the 5 wire method on the driver side door lock motor. You know what I mean, if you've done one. Please tell me there is a better solution.
chriskonzen 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ween- Do you have the diagram from the original thread you posted earlier? I would like to check it out. When I click the link Direct Techs asks for a password. I have no Login, I typically use ADS modules.
I do have access to:
Computech 3.0
Installogy
Code Systems
All Data and Mitchell
Thanks
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2014 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
I'll have to look at notes, etc. It was only nine years ago, did a few X5's back then.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2014 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know the answer but surely the locks are controlled from inside the car at a guess look for blue and white in the driver door loom.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic