icon

2014 mazda 6 mt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dman007 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed a Viper 4806, into a 2014 Mazda 6 MT. Used the Fortin Evo-All module.
I am seeking help in wiring up the rear defroster. Ive located the rear defroster wire. It energizes to 12V, then the defroster button is pressed on the AC Panel.
How would I hook up the aux 1 channel to this?
I was thinking about a positive relay, with a negative trigger(status or even -Ign output) To give me the negative trigger while the remote starter is active.
Also when 12v is given to this wire, the Defrost Icon doesnt light up on the dash, So how would I go about testing to see if the defroster is working? Keep in mind I am in NY right now so I have a few months to go until any frost or snow.
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
This is a red wire (-) on 2013 model and it's NEG latched program the WHITE/ blue, Menu 3 option 11, feature 2 or 3 test using a test light with the engine running if you touch it and it stays on then it's momentary.
Option 3.
If you have to keep the ground attached, then it's latched option 2.
No relays needed.
As for keeping the light on, no idea. It should also bring on the warning light.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
Just realised, you're picking up the high current wire going to the rear window. You need to pick up the SWITCH wire either at the BCM or rear of switch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Climate control unit, white 24 pin plug, pin 6 (manual A/C) or 10(auto A/C)
dman007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2014 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
You are correct, I am picking up the high current wire powering the defroster. I believe the wiring for the 2014 is different. It is the first year of the redesigned Mazda 6.
The only wiring info I found was from Fortin wirecolor. It was there which I found the high current defroster wire, Blue/Red.
So as of now my only option would be to disassemble the AC control panel to locate the defroster trigger wire?
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2014 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having a similar problem with a new Fiesta, (Mazda 3) no info and the heater control panel looks a right PITA to take apart. I have a theory that the low current trigger wire goes to the fuse/control box.
Of course you can still use the red wire, relay with 20 amp fuse but as you say no warning light.
But then it doesn't matter, the customer isn't in the car and it shuts down when R/S is terminated on the driver takeover.
dman007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2014 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Good point about the switch light.
I would have to hook up a 5 wire relay to interrupt that high current defroster correct? Like with some trunk releases.
DTS Performance
St Petersburg, FL
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
Exactly. Mazda 2 is a Ford Fiesta that low current NEG from the switch goes to the BCM, trace.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic