icon

avital 5303l

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dawgsmansc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so I've had my Avital 5303L+PKALL bypass installed in my 2007 Toyota Tundra X-SP for about a year now. I recently let the battery in my two-way remote die for an extended period of time (maybe about 16 hours). Now my two-way remote won't talk to the system. The one-way remote works just fine and when I operate the various functions (lock/unlock/remote start) it will communicate it back to the two way, but the two way will still not talk to the system. Steps I've take so far: press the unlock button on the two way over and over to "re-sync" the system; put the key in the ignition and in the on position and within 10 seconds press and hold the valet button and press the unlock button; I have ensured that the remote valet switch is in the "operate" position. I'm racking by brain here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
Try to pair the two way with the system.
dawgsmansc 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
would you mind elaborating a little more, i don't see anything about pairing in the install guide nor owners manual
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Go to the official website, download installation guide from the support part pp34-35.
Quick and dirty assuming door trigger is connected, open door turn on ignition.
Within 5 seconds push and hold valet switch
You should get an extended beep from siren.
Release switch then push and hold again, press padlock button on remote, again should get a beep.
Job done.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Pressing unlock does not help to resync, you press lock to resync. The same deal when you are learning the transmitter, you must press lock not unlock.
dawgsmansc 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2014 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
catback - that was a typo, I was tired.
howie II - thanks a ton, i ended up having to reprogram both remotes because i somehow screwed up the one way too, but it's all good to go as of now. Not sure how i didn't look in that section, especially when it specifically says what i need to do. Again thanks so much.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic