seeking pke with remote start/window vent

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mazda3po 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2014 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
hoping to find some advice for my 2012 mazda3 (5spd with 4 power windows & locks ,1 press window down only on driver's door and no FOB).
I want to install a PKE. I'd also like to be able to remote start the car, with AC on and windows vented. Push button start would be nice, but not a deal breaker. An alarm isn't a priority but might be a good idea since the car will be running for a few minutes as I walk thru a huge parking lot.
I've looked at Viper, Connect2car, and the Sytek mobilink 5000.... seems like I will need a combo of systems, since I need a window module (up/down for at least 2 windows).
I am open to FOB control, but I also like the idea of controlling these functions with my android phone, depending on price difference. Can you guys suggest a system or combo that can do this without spending $900?
Thanks for any advice!
mazda3po 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
....crickets... ?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2014 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  

OK, I'll get the ball rolling...

If I am reading your system requirements correctly, you are looking at a very advanced / complex system.

Here is what makes it complex :
1. Remote Start on a manual transmission vehicle - extra wiring, more expensive R/S system, added liability.
2. Power window control for 4 windows - extra modules, wiring and installation time.
3. Push Button start - extra parts and wiring.
4. Android phone control - extra module, wiring, etc.

The first question is : 

Are you planning to get this system professionally installed?    If the answer is yes, then the $900 price sounds

reasonable ( or even a little low in my area ) considering all your requirements. 

If you are thinking of installing this yourself, do your have the background, training, skills, tools and resources for

this endeavor? 

Not knowing your answer to the above question ( but understanding the proposed job ) my answer would be, go

to several highly recommended local 12V shops in your area and ask for their suggestions for the best system
for your vehicle and needs.  Typically, you will find only the top of the line units have the needed features and outputs.
Choose the shop that you feel comfortable with and let them handle the rest.  The install will be completed in a day
and the system will come with a warranty.

Soldering is fun!
mazda3po 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I am hoping to install this system myself. I have installed 4 audio systems in my previous vehicles (amps, speakers, head units) and I have done my own alarm system once. I am no expert, but I have done my own brakes and radiator changeout on a Saab, which means I am accustomed to difficult projects, hehe.
I have some soldering skills, and I'm very handy with diagrams and wiring, but I will need a multimeter and a few other minor items to add to my tech toolbox.
I am expecting this to take considerable time and I will be using online guides and how to videos for guidance.
I found a system called Innovative Ignitions, they have a system that does everything except the phone control for $350... anyone heard of these guys?
http://www.innovativeignitionsystems.com/#!pke-100-u/c237f
I would just need to add a window module, like a DEI 530t, to control the rear windows (I don't need control of the front , just rear to let heat out).
Hoping to hear about similar gear and installs anyone has done. thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic