icon

2013-2014 Accord Remote Starter Install Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redknights 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2015 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
A big THANK YOU to Kreg357 for all of your help!!! I installed the R/S today and it's working great. My only gotcha was the Viper default to Manual Transmission which I need to set to Auto. Your tutorial and steps were spot on.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

The iDatalink bypass module integrates well with the Accord.  Glad the install went smoothly.    2013-2014 Accord Remote Starter Install Pictorial - Page 2 -- posted image.

This info should be accurate for the standard key ignition 2015 Accord's, too. 

Soldering is fun!
dfarr67 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2016 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Bringing back a lost thread;)
I'm not really into wiring but I struggle on- have had this 2015 honda Accord Sport MT6 for about a year. The dealer added a CM7200 for the remote start in northern Canada (yes it sucks to have two remotes). Would it be right to connect (+ high current) Pin2 GREEN / WHITE to the (-) gray parking light wire shown in the pic at the headlight plug? The head lights were wired to come on when remote started I didn't like the HIDs flashing, I just want the parking lights to come on. Thanks
Dave Farr
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2016 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
No. You don't want to connect the (+) Parking Light output to the cars (-) Parking Light wire.
Fortunately, Compustar makes it easy for you. On the CM7200 CN5 plug, use the GREEN / WHITE
(-) Parking Light Output wire at Pin 17.
Additionally, if your car has an Auto position on the Headlight switch, you should ensure it is
not in that position when you park the car because if it's dark when you remote start the car,
the headlight switch will "over-ride" the CM7200 and turn on the headlights.
Soldering is fun!
dfarr67 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2016 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Ah yes, that was the 'other' -250ma green and white- to the same grey wire referred to I presume. I don't mind the headlights coming on, I just didn't like the headlights flashing whatever times, hard on the HID ballasts. Thanks
Dave Farr
mhunguyen 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2016 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question Kreg, looking to install this for a 16 Accord. I am 99% sure the wiring is the same as the 14. Question that I had was why are we using Pink/White from the Vipers R/S for the accessory 2 wire in the accord.
kreg357 
Posted: October 03, 2016 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the regular key 2016 Accord should be the same. As for the thick Pink/White wire from the DEI R/S system
going to the Accord's Accessory2 wire, I usually try to duplicate the normal ignition switch functions during a
remote start, so I make that connection. I have never tried it without connecting ACC2. Being as no extra
external relays or wiring are required with your DEI R/S system, it's a easy job. Just remember to program
Menu 3, Item 8 to Option 2. I have heard that some Techs never connect the ACC2 wire on Honda's because "all it
does is extraneous items like radio and power windows". So the choice is yours.
Just checked on Bulldog Security and saw this tidbit of info :
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1   ORANGE (+) (MUST use BOTH ACCESSORY wires) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 5-PIN PLUG, PIN 4
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2   RED (+) (MUST use BOTH ACCESSORY wires) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 5-PIN PLUG, PIN 3
Unfortunately, there is no reason given for that "MUST use" statement.
Soldering is fun!
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Yes, the regular key 2016 Accord should be the same. As for the thick Pink/White wire from the DEI R/S system
going to the Accord's Accessory2 wire, I usually try to duplicate the normal ignition switch functions during a
remote start, so I make that connection. I have never tried it without connecting ACC2. Being as no extra
external relays or wiring are required with your DEI R/S system, it's a easy job. Just remember to program
Menu 3, Item 8 to Option 2. I have heard that some Techs never connect the ACC2 wire on Honda's because "all it
does is extraneous items like radio and power windows". So the choice is yours.
Just checked on Bulldog Security and saw this tidbit of info :
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1   ORANGE (+) (MUST use BOTH ACCESSORY wires) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 5-PIN PLUG, PIN 4
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2   RED (+) (MUST use BOTH ACCESSORY wires) @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, WHITE 5-PIN PLUG, PIN 3
Unfortunately, there is no reason given for that "MUST use" statement.
Thank you for that. Just a curiosity question, it doesnt make a difference if we use the vipers ignition wire to connect it to the honda's accessory wire?
kreg357 
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Well, the Accord has two Accessory wires, one Red and the other Orange. An Ignition type output from the Viper
is different than an Accessory output. Specifically, the Accessory type output will drop to 0 volts during R/S
engine cranking ( Starter output at 12 volts ) while an Ignition type output will remain at 12 volts. If you
connected a R/S Ignition type output to a vehicle accessory wire & it was very cold & your battery was weak &
you had the heater ON with the fan set to High, the starter might not get enough power to start the engine because
the R/S did not drop power to the fan circuits during cranking like a regular key start up does.
The Vipers Pink IGN1 wire will go to the Accords Green Ignition wire. The Vipers Orange ACC wire will go to the
Accords Red ACC1 wire and the Vipers Pink/White wire will go the the Accords Orange ACC2 wire. If you do the
Viper programming change mentioned above ( Menu 3, Item 8, Option 2 ), that will change the function of the Vipers
Pink/White wire from the IGN2 default to the desired ACC2 output.
Soldering is fun!
mhunguyen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2016 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Well, the Accord has two Accessory wires, one Red and the other Orange. An Ignition type output from the Viper
is different than an Accessory output. Specifically, the Accessory type output will drop to 0 volts during R/S
engine cranking ( Starter output at 12 volts ) while an Ignition type output will remain at 12 volts. If you
connected a R/S Ignition type output to a vehicle accessory wire & it was very cold & your battery was weak &
you had the heater ON with the fan set to High, the starter might not get enough power to start the engine because
the R/S did not drop power to the fan circuits during cranking like a regular key start up does.
The Vipers Pink IGN1 wire will go to the Accords Green Ignition wire. The Vipers Orange ACC wire will go to the
Accords Red ACC1 wire and the Vipers Pink/White wire will go the the Accords Orange ACC2 wire. If you do the
Viper programming change mentioned above ( Menu 3, Item 8, Option 2 ), that will change the function of the Vipers
Pink/White wire from the IGN2 default to the desired ACC2 output.
Ahh. got it. that was a very clear and informative explanation. Thanks a bunch
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic