anyone with 2010 ford fusion knowledge?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluefusion10 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
2010 Ford fusion sport w/ factory navigation and sony premium sound
I want to replace front door speakers, factory size is 5x7/6x8. I have a brand new set of jbl c608gti mkii speakers that if possible I would like to use but they are 6.5" speakers. I know that the obvious way is to take door apart and try them, but i was hoping there is somebody who has had personal experience with this car and could maybe save me some time and let me know if they have tried or anything. I thought I came across a post on a forum somewhere that someone put 6.5" speakers in this car, but i am unable to find it again. If anyone has done this, was there any fabricating or cutting of the factory speaker cutout? What was entailed to make this happen and was it easy? Thanks all for any help.
SKratch 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2014 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Very easy.
Just make a plate in the shape of a 6x8/5x7" speaker for the doors, and make a cutout for a 6 1/2".
ABS Plastic,masonite, or mdf would be a good material to use, considering the spacing and depth given for those.
If I'm not mistaken, the GTI's are kind of bulky.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Or your local audio shop has adapters usually under $15a pair pre made by metra scosche or best kits etc.
Gary Sather

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic