the12volt.com spacer
icon

astrostart, 06 equinox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
I've had many remotes that would flash an led or make a tone but worked like crap right until the battery was too dead to light the led. It takes more power to transmit a clean signal than it does to light an led or sound a piezo. When's the last time you replaced the battery?
smokeshow 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Still the same battery. I'll try replacing them but I think something else is wrong. For the passlock bypass, there are 10 switches. What position do they need to be in? I've tried searching but I can't find it. Is there an online install/user manual for it? Thanks for the help.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Replaced the batteries and still didn't work. Tried to reprogram the remote with the #8 dip up, brake, start button, #8 down brake and didn't help either. The led lights when the brake is pressed down and flashes when the car is on.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
This is an old system and apart from diving into the wiring and checking that arena. There's not much to do aside from making sure you have the programming instructions right (all dips down except for #8), resetting the unit, and verifying function of the remote.
You can help another user on the forum who is trying to find out what remote to get for his astroflex. The two of you have near identical units.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
I have the j5f-tx2000 key fob. I also tried the hood up, key on, brake, cycle the key until the parking lights flash 4 times and still nothing. Going to ohm the antenna wires tonight to see if there's a bad wire
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
Any info on the passlock III dip switches? I believe they may have been knocked around during the radio install.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
That's a good idea.
The hood up method is below but requires an installed and working hood pin.
•Open hood
•Place key in the ignition and turn to the “RUN” position
•Apply the brakes once
•You now have 10 seconds to turn the key from “RUN” to the “STOP” position 3
times.
•If sequence is executed correctly, the control module flashes parking lights
(4 flashes). You may then proceed to the next step.
•Press any button on the new remote control (except the “Panic” button).
When access code of new remote control is memorized, the control module will
confirm with flashing parking lights (1 flash).
•Repeat the above procedures for each remote control that has to be pro
grammed (up to 4 remotes).
•Apply the brakes
•New remote(s) is (are) now added to the system.
The only other thing I can think, assuming a fully functional install, is I wonder if programming is/can be locked via a multitest programmer. Other alarm/remote start systems, DEI for one, have this capability and even lock automatically when a programmer is used.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
smokeshow wrote:
Any info on the passlock III dip switches? I believe they may have been knocked around during the radio install.
I hope not, they are set specific to your vehicle - see a bulldog security model 721 for a like product.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2014 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote auto enhancers
the dip switches change the resistance inside the module that bypasses the passlock system, they will have nothing to do with it not responding. When you flip up dip switch 8 on the rs and hit the brake and press the lock button on the remote, what does the led do on the rs next to the dip switches? If it doesnt do anything then either the remote or receiver is bad.
smokeshow 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2014 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeshow
It does nothing. So I guess I need a new remote. Thanks
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic