viper 5710v 2004 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cstambaugh 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone.
I searched and did not find any help so I am going to post this and see. If i could not find the topic or I used wrong words, I apologize for the double post in advance.
Ok So I bought this really cool alarm, and I have NEVER purchased one that did not come with an install manual before, but this one has none. I contacted DEI and they will not send me one, saying I need to have it installed at a shop. I used to do these installs when DEI had Code alarm and Viper was first coming out, so I am familiar with how to do them. Its this transponder stuff that has me stumped.
So after much intense and frustrating Google searches, I managed to come across a general install for Most of the alarm modules. But it says it has to be programmed in order to use half of the functions.
So I figured I would bite the bullet and pay someone to install it. Called the local shop, and they will not install it because it is a manual.. Even the alarm says it is manual transmission capable. And I have a magnetic switch circuit that I have created to not allow the alarm to start if the car is in gear, (simple addition to the hood pin switch)
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a install manual for the 5710v alarm or could get me one with full programming instructions?
If not, I will just try and install the basic functions of the alarm and buy a seperate module for the bypass, but I dont know what is compatible with a 2004 accord. Because this alarm has the bypass built in, I am not sure it has the D2D port for communicating with an external module.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I cant return it now because Ive been searching for so long, and my local shops wont help either.
Im not trying to debate the safety or whatever for the 5 speed install and all, I know the risks and have done it on other vehicles I had and not had an issue, I just figured this would be a good place to try and get some assistance with the wiring.
Thanks
Chris
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Visit the xpresskit website, look up your vehicle, and download/view the install guide for the dball2pro and the rest is history with your expertise.
cstambaugh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2014 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Dball2pro? Is that a new DEI naming convention they changed to to cover the models? Maybe thats why I was dead blocked in my searches
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
The Dball2Pro is actually a product in itself. An elite standalone bypass module of sorts for newer cars with PTS. The 5710 is just a dball2pro packaged with other goodies that makes it a complete one module unit instead of the two part setup where you have everything for the alarm/remote start in one box and the separate bypass is added to the setup. To reiterate the dball2pro can be purchased by itself as a dball2pro.
cstambaugh 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2014 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Well then... that answers that question...LOL No Wonder I could not find anything by Google.... Im going to check that out... thanks bud

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic