icon

viper 5704 on 2006 evo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
06_evo9 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to figure out why the remote start won't work. Everything is hooked up and the alarm part functions as it should.
I had the immobilizer disabled through a tuning program to avoid having to get a bypass.
I want it to start as if it was an auto without all the exit procedures.
I grounded the neutral safety BLACK/ whit wire and programmed the tach.
When I hit the button I hear it enable and it flashes the lights but doesn't try to crank. If I hold the key in the start position it will try to crank for a split second every time it flashes.
Anyone know what's going on? I took it to a audio shop and the guy was on tech support with viper all day but couldn't figure it out....
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
How many flashes or more accurately clicks do you get from the brain when it fails?
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2014 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have all three fused power feeds on the remote start harness connected to +12v?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  

More importantly, if this is an install on a manual transmission vehicle ( EVO VIII ? ) and you set the Viper to Auto Trans Mode and connected the Neutral Safety wire to ground, you must have also bypassed the clutch pedal interlock switch.  If this is the case, you have created a very dangerous situation.

I am not sure if the EVO has a ECM output that can be used as the Viper's Neutral Safety input signal ( like Subaru's have ) but that is the only "safe" way to run the Viper in Auto Trans Mode with a manual transmission vehicle.

Soldering is fun!
06_evo9 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2014 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing I still have to bypass the clutch switch even if I unplug it and can start the car without pressing in the clutch?
Howie-its not error clicks, it's clicks as if it's trying to enable the remote start. It will continue to click until I turn remote start off.
I understand the safety issue at hand, but I've had remote starts in all my previous standard vehicles and when I learned to drive standard as a teenager I was taught to leave it in neutral so leaving it in gear doesn't even cross my mind plus I have a turbo timer and when I leave the vehicle the cars running so it has to be in neutral.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
I meant what is called shutdown diagnostics. Listen to the R/S brain.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2014 at 4:41 AM / IP Logged  
06_evo9 wrote:
I was taught to leave it in neutral so leaving it in gear doesn't even cross my mind
Hehe, before your thread even had any replies, I thought I would comment on the safety issue but decided not to, as I thought the reply would be something like "I always leave my car in neutral" or "no one besides me drives this car".
But since you use a turbo timer, why not use the turbo timer feature on the remote starter. This way you can use it in manual transmission mode and I can't see the steps to get into the ready mode as a hassle, since you gotta do all of them anyway (ie, pull the hand brake, enable turbo timer via switch, exit and lock the vehicle, done you're safely in manual ready mode).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic