icon

2006 jeep commander aftermarket audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
harve123 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys & girls I have 06 jeep commander without nav. I had a pioneer nav installed, never really worked the way I wanted and looked like crap. I have some time now to fix the install. The original install included pioneer nav upgraded speakers, sub and 2 amps. During the install the OEM radio harness was hacked, allowing him to connect wires from the harness to the pioneer harness. Now I'm trying to fix it and re-wire it. I ordered and have the original vehicle radio harness. I was recently informed, not to get the interface adapter harness, it's useless bc I'm not using the stock amp, I'm using after market amp. Was told to cut the wires from the car harness run them to my aftermarket nav harness. What wires am I connecting from the vehicle to the pioneer nav harness??? Was told it's like 4 wires I need to connect. Need desperate help any advice would be greatly appreciated.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2014 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
If you are not using the factory amp, I can think of only 2 wires that you can use. Constant 12v for the yellow wire of the Pioneer. Ground for the Black wire of the Pioneer.
Other than that there is nothing else in that plug you will need.
EDIT: I was going to check and see if there was an illumination or power antenna wire, but Audiovox no longer gives audio wiring information.
harve123 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2014 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic