icon

business advice needed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
I need advice on starting my own Car Alarm installer business. I have a lot of workmanship skills which I gained at my previous work places. I can fit and troubleshoot any aftermarket security system,but one thing that I'm not sure of is,do I need any installer certificate in my workshop for any investigators or is it not needed? I have been installing alarms for 3years after hours and weekends and I'm still enjoying what I'm doing as I'm doing it with a passion. I already have a registered business name with plenty of tools but I do not have papers,is it very important? Each and every installation that I do is very safe,neat and professional. if I'm 100% right,I assume I have done over 200 cars in my area already with positive feedback from them. I would love to start my own business and go in the game full time. your feedback will be highly appreciated
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
chassis wrote:
I need advice on starting my own Car Alarm installer business. I have a lot of workmanship skills which I gained at my previous work places. I can fit and troubleshoot any aftermarket security system,but one thing that I'm not sure of is,do I need any installer certificate in my workshop for any investigators or is it not needed? I have been installing alarms for 3years after hours and weekends and I'm still enjoying what I'm doing as I'm doing it with a passion. I already have a registered business name with plenty of tools but I do not have papers,is it very important? Each and every installation that I do is very safe,neat and professional. if I'm 100% right,I assume I have done over 200 cars in my area already with positive feedback from them. I would love to start my own business and go in the game full time. your feedback will be highly appreciated
Don't quit your day job. Best advice you can get. Starting up a business is a ton of work and to go straight into it full time means going without a paycheck for a time.
Start with a business plan, find out how much insurance will be(shop insurance not car or health) start working on a website,fb page, Look into advertising. Be ready to hustle to make money at the beginning. Look into how much supplies will be, Having product on hand is a must but it can get expensive quick. you will need an tax id and some states may require more than that. Look at store fronts, can you afford them with little to no income plus your other bills for a month or 6? Nothing is impossible but to do things right it can be a grind. There is a reason a lot of new businesses dont last more than 1 year.
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2014 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate your reply,thanks alot
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,603
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2014 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic