icon

fog lights, 2014 accord hybrid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newhonda 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2014 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
What I want to do is fairly straight forward. I am in the process of purchasing a new 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring. Fog lights are not available on the 2104/2015 Accord Hybrid at any level. Needless to say I am fairly disappointed. Fog lights are available on every other model of Accord. This leaves me a bit perplexed. So I am wondering, can I by the Honda parts and self-install. I would like to retain a factory original look. I have reviewed the parts availability for the very similar Accord V-6 Touring. Fog lights are not prohibitively expensive. From what I can see from the available diagrams the front bumpers, bumper frame, wiring harness all seen to be the same or very similar. I want to know if I buy all the components including the steering column combination switch will the wiring in the harness match, will the required wiring be present. Can I install by simply switching out parts and maybe the relays and wiring in the waterproof plugs on existing wiring in the existing wiring harness? Does anyone have any experience with this? Can this be done? Please advise.
NewHonda
newhonda 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I am still looking for advice. Does anyone know if the required wires exist unused within the wiring harness?
NewHonda
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
It seems you'll have to look, else get appropriate diagrams.
Usually Jap vehicles use "one loom (or production) for all" and merely omit the non included accessories (switches, equipment, bolts etc) so I'd be reasonably confident all your stubs exist. Only if it were a huge production run might they use a different loom with the required wires missing.
Sometimes dummy plugs may be fitted - eg, to bypass autotrans switches in manuals, or links for non-intermittent wipers - but that should not apply to fog lights.
Sometimes separate sub-harnesses may exist tho probably not for main-loom items (fog light switch and engine bay output). EG - there may be a separate output to relay and lights loom, tho I doubt that too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic