ultra start u1270tl replacement antenna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xxaj1356xx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone here knows the best place to obtain a replacement antenna for this remote start? I bought one of these starters in open box condition and installed it yesterday. With the current antenna, I can barely remote start/use keyless entry any further than 100 feet from the car. I borrowed the antenna from the same exact model starter I installed in my mother's car about 5 years ago and once I used that with my starter, the range increased dramatically so it has to be the antenna. Any leads would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2014 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  

Just about any antenna from an Ultra Start AM frequency system with the 4 Pin harness will work.  I've used the older black antenna with the dimmer red LEDs in U1272 systems with good results.  Sometimes there are listings for them on EBay ( use due diligence, of course ).  There is an on-line company that usually carries them for a reasonable price.  Here is a current EBay listing from them for the entire harness kit, including the antenna :

http://www./itm/Replacement-Wire-Harness-Lot-Antenna-For-Ultra-Start-XR-Pro-Remote-Starter-/400739618701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4df14f8d

That is pricey and more than you need but a good place to start.

Soldering is fun!
xxaj1356xx 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! I will try that. I also called a local shop that is an authorized dealer and they will sell me one for $20. Perhaps this might be my best bet since as far as I can tell, the warranty on my unit will cost me $20 anyway...
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2014 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
$20 and under is pretty fair.  If Ultra Start has a weak area, it's the antenna.  Pretty easy to kill one when hosing down the inner windshield with Windex.  If the local shop close and convenient, save time and get it from them.  Who knows, someday you might need a new remote.
Soldering is fun!
xxaj1356xx 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2014 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info!!
This one must have been a factory defect - I bought the starter as an open box, but all harnesses were wrapped exactly how they normally come from the factory so the starter was more than likely never used. Hopefully a new antenna will do the trick :-D

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic