concept 650/honda civic fd2 jdm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eireal 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Guys
I've a Clifford concept 650 to install in my 2007 Honda Civic FD2, the car is a Japanese import. Im just wondering has anyone worked on one or if there's any wiring info available for this car? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2014 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, dead easy apart from getting at the locks in the driver kickwell.
Pull the speedo* there's room behind to mount the unit.
Door triggers at the dome light, indicator NEG (-) at the switch, test. Join the 650 whites together and ground (earth) the black wire marked light flash.
If you disconnect the speedo, DO NOT turn on the ignition.
eireal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2014 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie, are the door locks NEG pulse on these?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2014 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, NEG on all Hondas bar the 96-00 UK build Civic.
eireal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2014 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so I had some free time and got around to starting the alarm. I went over and checked wires first with my DMM but Im having a couple of problems.
First up is the C/L wires, I've checked every wire in this plug at the drivers footwell but not getting a thing does this ring a bell with you as the right set of plugs howie?
concept 650/honda civic fd2 jdm - Last Post -- posted image.
Secondly I got the alarm in behind the speedo and tried looking for a Tach signal there but again no joy (DMM set to AC) Theres some slight jumps from 1 to 6v on 2 wires but not necessarily when you rev the car, I'd hoped to find it there as space is a premium under the bonnet especially getting in near the injectors
Any tips greatly appreciated!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
Tach, Should be a blue wire at rear of inst. panel or look at the injectors,there are two wires to each injector, one colour is common to all, muse an uncommon, possibly yellow.
PS, tach and BROWN / /red BROWN / white brake wire not needed on 650 unless you're going to want to use Blackjax or RPM controlled central locking.
The two plugs (on UK models) are right inside the KP inside a cavity.
Throw away that DMM and use a test light, e.g. Snap-On to probe the locks, clip to ground (earth) and probe all of the plugs with the catch at rear of door thrown in and key out of ignition switch.
To be honest I now very rarely install G5 Clifford, nearly all Viper/Clifford R/Start with security and these product are compatible with the DB-ALL CAN module, hence minimal wiring.
Be careful, do not remove instrument panel then turn on ignition, you will bring on the engine fault light, this needs the battery disconnected for 20 minutes to reset.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
AFIK pink lock brown unlock, both NEG but the colours change from Japanese to US to UK (Swindon). Formerly Brunel's railway town now home to Honda and Mini.
eireal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2014 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
I think thats where the confusion lies, I previously owned a Uk FN2 civic and remember the plugs inside the KP on the drivers side, but the Japanese seemed to do their own thing with this one and it looks different, I had disconnected the above plugs and the CL was still working off the fob and door switch so thinking there may be another plug somewhere equally awkward!
I'll get a test light and go back and see how I do, thanks again for your helpful advice

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic