Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dalamb13 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
So try it in the passenger kick panel.
What's the worst that can happen right? Lol Oh why can't this be simple. Y'all wouldn't want to earn a few dollars and come hook this up for me would you? dei 451m blows fuses-1993 dodge dakota - Page 4 -- posted image.
If it doesn't work like it should, I don't need it! :) Lol
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Catback's about 1000 miles North, I'm about 3700 miles North East, so difficult!
dalamb13 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, I do appreciate y'alls help!
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
Gotta love diagrams
81D_locks.jpg
And no, don't try on the passenger side. No TRYING here, here we test and make it work not "TRY"
So as to not confuse, don't go to the passenger side. You're perfectly able to connect things on the driver side as majority of installers do.
dalamb13 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
dalamb13 wrote:
I'm 99% sure that's what we have hooked to.
In 5-wire it's not just hooking to, it's hooking to and hooking to the right way around that's critical. Much like hooking up a battery not only does it have to be hooked up but you MUST get the wires connected the right way around or bad things happen.
Like I said, 5-wire systems like these are confusing. The wires do change color. I must say this is why I like having factory wiring diagrams.
The way this setup works is the driver switch goes to the passenger switch which THEN goes to the lock motor. The purple stripe is the switch to switch connection. The dark green stripe is from the passenger switch to the actual lock motor.
So basically I need to try it on the passenger side? The passenger switch has a ORANGE / purple, ORANGE / black, red, pink/purple, pink/black. The driver side actually has a full black wire for a ground for both the lock and unlock side. Any thoughts?
dalamb13 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
catback wrote:
Gotta love diagrams
81D_locks.jpg
And no, don't try on the passenger side. No TRYING here, here we test and make it work not "TRY"
So as to not confuse, don't go to the passenger side. You're perfect able to connect things on the driver side as majority of installers do.
Sorry, sent that last post before I saw this one.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
OK here we go, looking at that diagram, I WOULD go to the passenger side. Sorry.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
The diagram is a reference piece for a different year dodge, YMMV but it out lays a standard old school 5-wire reversal lock setup.
While you may be 99% you have things right, because your blowing fuses I'm 99% you have things backwards.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Left field but reverse the output wires on lock and unlock.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
OK here we go, looking at that diagram, I WOULD go to the passenger side. Sorry.
I wouldn't, if your getting messed up on the driver side your just as easy to get messed up on the passenger side.
A proof in the testing being wrong is the conclusion that pink was lock and orange was unlock which goes against the factory diagram.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic