Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biospot 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2014 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Everyone.
I have installed a python 5706P and it works perfectly now... almost
the main biggest problem I do have it weird. When I unlock the car, it beeps and unlocks. then about 5-10 seconds later the remote beeps again, and says "remote start error".
I have no idea why I should get "remote start error after unlocking the car. I don't use remote start but when I try it it starts and stops fine with no error. Just when I unlock
But.. I don't always get remote start error....
Is this just a warning that last time I tried to remote start the door was unlocked or hood open or something?
Thanks for any advice
old and lovin' it
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
Is the WHITE/ blue activation input connected to anything or is the car a manual transmission?
If the car doesn't do anything or have any shutdown diagnostic codes/faults then it's likely just the remote being screwy.
biospot 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
It is automatic.
all inputs are setup as follows (I forget the wire / color but they match the chart on the install guide - I have quadruple checked)
inputs are as follows:
1 Doors
2.trunk
3.Hood
4.motion sensor (DEI)
5.Shock sensor (DEI)
Additional equipment hooked up
1. 22AH Backup battery (no hookup to alarm input since it's upstream from alarm and not able to generate a trigger)
2. DEI LED on Ground when armed output (diode isolated)
3. standard relay to ground when armed output (diode isolated)
NOTE: #3 above is a "fuel pump cut relay". Power to the relay coil comes from fuel pump power. Ground is attached to "ground when armed". When the car attempts to start and the alarm is active, the N.C. contacts open and interrupt power to fuel pump.
4. Cellular notification system. (smartstart). When the alarm beeps, I will receive a smartstart alert "Security alarm triggered" I have dozens of these notifications in my smartstart iphone mailbox.
5. I have noticed (occasionally) that when it beeps I will get 6 flashs of the parking lights. I know that is hood, but it never triggers while the alarm is set, it only triggers when I lock(arm) or unlock(disarm) the doors.
Perhaps the home brew fuel pump cut relay is causing problem? Maybe Hood pin (which looks perfect when I checked it) is misadjusted? Perhaps the alarm brain is not working correctly? (this is my second brain in the car though...) or maybe power source voltage level is dropping? (I do NOT get low battery warnings and car starts perfectly....)
Thanks for any insights you may have
+
old and lovin' it
biospot 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2014 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
OH.. I forgot the most important part!!!
Thank You for looking and offering to help.
I appreciate the help very much
old and lovin' it
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
Based on your info there's no telling what the issue is. Your idea's are on track as well, check your hood pin and ensure it triggers the alarm, check power and ground, and lastly start minimizing your wiring/add-ons for purpose of testing. I'd start with your extras on the ground when armed.
You say you have tried two units in the car, have you also tried a different remote?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
"NOTE: #3 above is a "fuel pump cut relay". Power to the relay coil comes from fuel pump power. Ground is attached to "ground when armed". When the car attempts to start and the alarm is active, the N.C. contacts open and interrupt power to fuel pump"
Try powering the relay coil from the Viper's pink ignition live on cranking (Ign. 1) wire.
BTW I strongly believe the above is dangerous as is an ignition cut, i.e. anything whilst the vehicle is moving. Starter cut only please.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
I also agree with Catback reference hood switch, fitting those is an art! BTW, what vehicle, make model year please it could be an important clue.
biospot 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. The car is 1993 Del Sol (removable roof panel that stores in trunk).
Oh, I forgot one more point thinking over what you said. In addition to the 6 flashes I have seen on occasion the error message "Remote Start Error" on the remote. I have locked and unlocked it and gotten that notice immediatly. (?????) but I did not remote start it,just locked and unlocked. I get the 6 flashes (sometimes) and "remote start error" (occasionally) on the remote.
One more sensor that is currently plugged in is the ultrasonic motion sensor for when the roof is removed. The sensitivity is all the way down or now though.
Catback; I will remove the ground when armed items and drive it a few days to see if it stops acting strange. Good idea.
HowieII... I want to thank you very much for "live on cranking". Would that only be live when the alarm is active and not live when alarm is off?
thank you for your help.
old and lovin' it
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Live on cranking only when car is started.
Your sequence is off, ACC, Ignition, crank at which point only ignition and starter are hot, then run, ACC and ignition both live.
This sounds almost like the WHITE/ blue activation wire is connected to ignition.
biospot 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
I will pull the unit out and check it. I will definitely check the WHITE/ blue wire since 2 of you have mentioned it. It will take a couple of days before I can do it after work. I will reply back when I have checked everything.I have bo smog my other honda and at 24 years old It may decide to fail and use up the next few days. I will report back what I found without fail
thank you very much. I appreciate the help....
old and lovin' it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic