icon

viper issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hooskerdoo 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
alright guys I've sort of narrowed it down.
Howie if you mean the remote start harness should be h3/1-10 and auxillary/trigger harness should be h2/1-24 then my bad but all the wire colors are correctly matched with the corresponding wire as far as my reference install guide shows. And i have the WHITE/ blue wire caped off.
so today i had most of the wires connected except the ground wires and the 12v h1/1 were left disconnected. Every time i touched the h1/1 wire to a 12v source the car tried to start, even with the ground wires disconnected. so i started disconnecting wires and i found the issue is with my h1/5 (parking light output). If i have this wire removed i can connect all my other wires without the car trying to start. (i re-tested my RED / black parking light wire in the car with a multimeter and it shows -.1 with lights off, -.2 with parking lights, and -.3 with headlights on so i believe its the correct wire).
currently this is what i have connected:
h1/1 red + 12v constant input: 12v constant white, backup battery gray wire (12v constant)
h1/2 black - chassis ground: ground
h2/2 RED / black +fused 12v accessory/starter input: 12v constant white
h2/5 red +fused 12v ignition 1 input: 12v constant white
h2/6 green +starter input (key side of starter kill): starter BLACK/ white keyside will show 12v while cranking, starter side wont show a voltage
h2/7 violet +starter output (car side of starter kill): starter BLACK/ white
h2/8 orange +accessory output: accessory yellow wire
h2/9 RED / white +fused 12v ignition 2/ flex relay input 87: 12v constant white
h2/10 pink +ignition 1 input/output: ignition BLACK / YELLOW
h3/12 violet/white tachometer input: tach wire at guage cluster, blue wire
h3/13 BLACK/ white - neutral safety/parking brake input: wire at base of ebrake
h3/15 green - door input: lt. GREEN/ red larger gray plug behind cruise control
With those connected the control center flashes and the alarm brain makes a clicking noise for awhile before it goes away and i just have the flashing control center.
so i tried to start the car to learn the tach but the car wont start (if i disconnect the ground wires then the car will start).
I then reconnected the parking light wire and soon as my key hit the key cylinder the alarm went off and my car was trying to crank over so i disconnected that wire again and i have the grounds disconnected so i can start my car for the time being.
Anyone have an idea of what is wrong here?
hooskerdoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
I just thought of something. Hondas are suppose to have a positive parking light plarity but i believe mine is negative. i had the red probe in the parking light wire and the black probe touching a ground and i got a -.01 reading so this means my parking light polarity is negative correct?
if thats the case i should just be able to switch the alarm brain to negative polarity and everything will work?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2014 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
1.Are there any other RED / Black wires around that you can check?
2.Leave that wire disconnected and continue with the install and figure out the parking light issue later.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2014 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
hooskerdoo wrote:
With those connected the control center flashes and the alarm brain makes a clicking noise for awhile before it goes away and i just have the flashing control center.
so i tried to start the car to learn the tach but the car wont start (if i disconnect the ground wires then the car will start).
Disarm the system to disable the starter kill. The RED / black wire you tested does not appear to be the parking light wire. "-0.1" up to "-0.3" is for all intents and purposes 0V and because it tests as 0 with lights off and on it doesn't look like the right wire.
hooskerdoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2014 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for all the help. I got the system to disarm and everything is working now except for my immobilizer bypass. It wouldn't connect with d2d so I'm trying to track down my key sync and data wires now. if anyone knows how I can find these wires in an 01 Integra that'd be amazing.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2014 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Might be wrong but I very much doubt if an Integra of that age has key sync and data.
Probably need a key in the box by-pass.
hooskerdoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
Howie your probably right. I found out that even though I was using d2d with the pkh34 I still had to use the power wire from the other plug for it to work. I still couldn't get it to succefully program to my car though so I broke down and purchased the 556u. Once I get it in the mail I think I'll be good. Thanks for all your help guys.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic