adding audio and tilt sensors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxa77 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hello
I have a Scion IQ with an installed Viper 5606 and 2 way remote start system. The system didn't have the optional audio and tilt sensors, so I decided to add them myself. I have the audio sensor plugged into the brain with the "Y" wire adapter (one end hooked up to the external shock sensor and the other to the audio sensor). There's a second sensor input right next to the sensor 1 input. I would assume this is where the tilt sensor plugs into. Here's the question...
The cable that came with the tilt sensor (both sensors are from DEI) has 3 pin connector at one end and 4 pin connector on the other end.
the port on the brain for both (1st and 2nd sensors) has 4 pins.
The tilt sensor has 4 pins. So, when I plug the cable to the tilt sensor I have the 3 pin end to connect to the sensor 2 port. Do I plug it in so the last pin is left empty or do I plug it in so there is a pin left empty between the two sensor ports? I have no diagram to know the input/output of each pin, so if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. I asked Car Toys for an installation estimate of these two sensors and they wanted $250 just to add these two sensors for the existing alarm! outrageous!!
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2014 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Plug the audio sensor straight into that mux socket, tilt goes to red at H1, orange at H1 and blue trunk trigger at H2 via a 1N4004 diode in line, band towards tilt.
efx26 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2014 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
When you say audio sensor are you referring to a glass breakage sensor? If so, I don't recommend those things, at least from when I had one in a car, it was notorious for false alarms. Almost any sound would set that thing off. Eventually I even found a note on my car about getting it fixed due to the noise it kept making.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2014 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 extra sensors = testing/setting up each individually. I'm a great disbeliever in extra sensors.
We refused to fit the original 507t tilt because of false alarming.
Please note their current version is 507M, the M stands for motorcycle, does that tell you anything?
mxa77 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2014 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
Howie ii
Thanks for the short and simple explanation. Got them installed and so far working great. I put the glass break sensitivity in mid range and also cut the black loop on the tilt sensor for 3 degrees. Now it activates when the car gets raised about 3 inches.
So far it doesn't seem too sensitive to get activated unless something is really going on.
Thanks again!adding audio and tilt sensors -- posted image. adding audio and tilt sensors -- posted image.
Mxa77
mxa77 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2014 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
It's really not that sensitive. Even when I had the sensitivity turned up all the way, it took some hard banging with my keys on the glass to set it off. I have it on mid range and so it's even less sensitive now, but it should go off if there's real glass break. On the tilt sensor there is white and black loop wire. White for the timing and black for the degree of change. In deafult mode it takes about 1 degree change to set it off (basically rocking the car back and forth). With the black loop cut it will take about 3 degrees of change (like grabbing or jackingthe car and raising it about 3 inches) to set it off. This is how I set it up and I'm not worried about false alarms.
The glass break sensor might pick up a loud Harley in a parking garage where the sound echos and amplifies but I'll wait and see.
Thanks
Mxa77

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic