tablet w/ amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
donmcgowen 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2014 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
     I'm looking to replace my Kenwood 7" touchscreen with a Android tablet. I'm currently running Hifonics Brutus 320 4channel and Hifonics Brutus 1200.1. My question is how do I wire the headphone jack to these amps. Will I need some kind of sound processor, or crossover, or equalizer. I've done something this complex so I'm not really sure where to start. I know how to wire standard amp and head units, I've just never done something like this and I can't find anything about it.
Thanks for your help, best car audio forum.
donmcgowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2014 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just more info. I have the Hifonics 320 going to Infinity 6.5" in the rear and Infinity components upfront. I have the Hifonics 1200.1 running 2x10" Alpine Type R's. Just sure how to wire these two amp from a single headphone jack. And, will it sound like coming from the headphone jack?
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2014 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
you will lose all fade and balance function and unless the tablet has some sort of built in eq that you can tune then it probably wont sound too good. the easiest way would be to buy a 3-way active(powered) crossover that will take the single output and split it into front rear and sub and allow you to control the level of each and give the signal a power boost to feed signal to the amps. you may also need some sort of power isolater because you might have some noise issues. someone else might be able to give you more details because i have personally never done this type of permanent install, ive only done this temporarily from a laptop running on its own battery power but you will need to hardwire the power cord to keep it powered and charging while you drive and ive heard stories about people having noise problems from hardwiring the power cord to the car.
donmcgowen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2014 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Well I found the answer if anybody else wants to know. I am going with one of these
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32011_AudioControl-Three.2.html
although I will probably buy it from somewhere else. This takes one input and splits it to front, rear, and sub. It's just what I need. I going to buy this and a Nexus 7" tablet with a few accessories to connect backup camera and steering wheel controls.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic