icon

viper 5706v with dball2 wiring trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
en2wilson 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
I'm having trouble wiring the remote starter and the dball2 together in my 2006 mustang gt. I have tried connecting the RS to the car and left the key in the ignition and tried that way but no success. Here is the layout.
Main Harness (H1), 6-pin connector
H1/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT-----------------Lt.Grn/Purple
H1/2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND-----------------------Ground to Chassis
H1/3 BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT-------------------------Siren
H1/4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of onboard relay------Need Help??
H1/5 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT-------------------------------Blk/Lt.Green
H1/6 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT---------------Need Help??
H2 Harness, 24-pin connector
H2/1 PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT------------------not used??
H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT------------------------------------------------Ground to Chassis
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT---------------- Need Help??
H2/4 GREEN/ BLACK (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT-----------------------------Lt.Blue/Blk
H2/5 RED / WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT-------------Need Help??
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O)------------------------Lt.GREEN/ YELLOW
H2/7 BLACK / YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT--------
H2/8 BROWN / BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT------ not used
H2/9 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT-----Not used
H2/10 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT--------------------------not used when installing remote start??
H2/11 WHITE/ BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT--------------------not used
H2/12 VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT---------------------------------------not used
H2/13 WHITE/ VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT-------------------------------not used
H2/14 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT-------------------------------not used
H2/15 ORANGE / BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT-----------------------------not used
H2/16 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT---------------------------- Lt.Green(switch above brake pedal)
H2/17 GREY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (N/C OR N/O)---------------------------- not used
H2/18 VIOLET / YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT---------------------not used??
H2/19 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (N/C OR N/O)---------not used
H2/20 GREY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT-------------------------------not used
H2/21 WHITE/ BLUE (-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT-------not used
H2/22 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT-----------------------------------not used
H2/23 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT--------------@ Fuel Injector
H2/24 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT---------------------Lt.Blue/Pink
Remote Start, (H3) 10-pin connector
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT------------------------WHITE/ yellow(ignition switch)
H3/2 RED / WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)----------not used
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT------------------------BLACK/ Pink( ignition switch)
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)—DarkGreen(@ ignition switch starter side)
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)------DarkGreen(@ ignition switch keyside)
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)----------------------------LightGREEN/ Purple(ignition switch)
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire)----------------not used
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed)----not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------not used
H3/10 NC No Connection----------------------------not used
Door Lock, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT---------------------------DarkBlue/LightGreen
2 EMPTY NOT USED-----------not used
3 GREEN (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT----------------------------WHITE/ Purple
Dball2 in D2D mode
10-pin
9:Pink (+) Ignitio Input............................WHITE/ yellow
12-pin
10: Yellow/Black.....................WHITE/ light green
11: ORANGE / black.....................gray/orange
14-pin
7:gray/black..........................BLACK/ pink
8:yellow................................LightGREEN/ YELLOW(RS side of door trigger)
9:orange / YELLOW....................LightGREEN/ YELLOW(car side of door trigger)
12:BROWN / red.........................WHITE/ yellow
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
You should have quit while you were ahead (on your other car)
Because your not new to this I'm going to ask you what's it not doing aka what's wrong?
Other questions I have is, does it have a factory alarm? Have you tested for a factory alarm per dball2 install guide?
Why is H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------not used? You are using the Accessory Output and Starter Output are you not?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
X 2 with Catback.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

X2 with Howard.  viper 5706v with dball2 wiring trouble - Last Post -- posted image.

My only question is :  Does the Mustang GT have an Automatic Transmission?  ( Hate when the OP adds that it is a stick shift 10 pages into the post.)

Soldering is fun!
en2wilson 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

When i try to remote start the security light flashes on the dash and i hear clicking under the hood. The vehicle does have a factory alarm. Also when looking at the dball2 diagram the disarm out put and troubleshooting is confusing can someone explain it a little more. The mustang is an automatic and is setup in viper menu for automatic.

H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------ LightGREEN/ Purple

usn
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
I invite you to read the disarm testing section of the DBALL2 manual. Specifically it says if you can disarm the alarm by using the key in the drivers door to unlock it then you won't be using the DBALL2 for disarm and won't be using Installation Type 2.
But to answer you quest for knowledge all the extra wiring on the Type 2 install is for the DBALL2 to power up the keysense, ignition, and/or accessory when it receives an unlock or trunk command. Essentially powering up the ignition disarms the alarm.
en2wilson 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Which wires do i not need? I also believe that the unit i have is defective cause the vehicle won't remote start with the key in the ignition even though the remote start harness is connected correctly. I'll test to see if im getting any voltage from the starter and ignition on the RS harness.

usn
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Never had either a faulty 5X0X nor a faulty DB-ALL. Although the DB series won't do everything it says it will, especially on European cars.
A decent trick with Fords is to go W2W.
en2wilson 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

I here what your saying but the car wont even crank when i have the wires connected for RS and the key in the ignition it wont RS.

usn
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Never had either a faulty 5X0X nor a faulty DB-ALL. Although the DB series won't do everything it says it will, especially on European cars.
A decent trick with Fords is to go W2W.
The DBALL2 does very little here, Just PATS and Disarm.
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------------ LightGREEN/ Purple is VERY IMPORTANT the vehicle won't crank otherwise.
Remove the DBALL2, disarm the alarm, insert the key, and get the remote start working in this configuration then add the DBALL2 into the mix.
You have a tach wire connected, have you done the tach learn procedure?
As for the DBALL2 for simplicity sake I would just connect everything as outlined in the install guide under type 1 installation and see how well things work. Then if necessary wire up things per type 2, the disarm testing part is where you'll determine whether you need keysense, accessory, or both to be wired up. The dotted/broken line connections are not connected in D2D mode.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic