icon

no led on 4113 avital

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ivsinc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Im doing an install on a 1999 chevy silverado. Im very stumped here... I got the install done, everything worked perfectly except i didnt like where i put it. So i moved it to a different location, plugged everything back in, now the LED on the brain wont turn on. I can remote start it, it will activate try to start, run for a sec and die (no fuel). The bypass is programmed. Just wondering why no light on the brain. No valet button commands work. Tried 2 different brains. Any ideas? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2014 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
Check voltage between power and ground these units just don't go wrong.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2014 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
I'm going to guess a D2D connection between remote starter and bypass? Make sure the bypass is plugged into the 4113 before connecting power (heavy gauge 6-pin remote start harness), after connecting power reprogram the bypass.
ivsinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
I did that, however, it seems to me that tach isn't learned. I checked all my wiring, checks good, still no LED light on brain. But truck will still try and start with remote. Just won't stay running
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
ivsinc wrote:
I did that, however, it seems to me that tach isn't learned. I checked all my wiring, checks good, still no LED light on brain. But truck will still try and start with remote. Just won't stay running
Are you using a real tach connection (tach wire)? If so have you done the tach learn procedure. Did it complete successfully (instructions indicate pass/fail behavior)?
Unlike bypass units, DEI alarm/remote start/keyless units stay dark during most daily operations so I wouldn't be concerned with LED not being lit under normal user use. It's only a concern during programming and diagnostics.
ivsinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
No, I'm using virtual tach. It didn't indicate any kind of behavior. I'm headed out to the garage to try it again and start the programming from scratch.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
What bypass are you using and is it wired D2D or how is it wired?
ivsinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
PLJX and its module to module.
catback 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
It goes without saying, go back over your connections and double/triple check them. Make sure they are good, tight, and correct.
Make sure H1/4 WHITE/ Blue activation input is not connected to anything. If it is remove power, disconnect it, and then reapply power.
Try resetting the virtual tach and have it relearn.
Recheck and reprogram the PLJX, also it is VERY important the PLJX ground is connected where the install guide specifies.
ivsinc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I didn't put the pljx ground in any specific location... I'll check that... Thanks!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic