icon

2007 mdx doorlocks and evoall

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crv2005 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
hi, i am doing an remote starter install with an fortin evoall bypass. when i check the manual, it says that it can also control the doorlocks and trunk. but when i look up the connection, it says to go analog for the door locks. before i start removing the door panel, can anyone confirm if i need to go the door panel way to get the umlock/lock function.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2014 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. The fortin module controls the door locks but via analog signal. You can either use the fortin module analog wires or the alarms. No difference either way.
Gary Sather
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  

Think Gary's answer is "Yes, the EVO-ALL handles the locks for you, so you don't have to go into the drivers door."

I haven't done a 2007 MDX using an EVO-ALL , but using the Fortin WEB site to look-up the 2007 Acura MDX and

clicking on the EVO-ALL install manual gives me the #3024 Install Guide.

http://fortin.ca/download/15731/evo-all_honda_acura.rev-20140509.pdf

The chart on Page 4 lists the 2007 - 2013 as Connection 8 and that the module handles the Lock, Arm, Unlock,

Disarm, Trunk pop and Transponder bypass functions.  It also supplies the status of the Hood, Trunk, Doors,
Foot and Hand Brake.  As Gary mentioned, the EVO-ALL controls this through the analog CAN SW wire as shown
in the Connection 8 diagram.

I don't see where it suggests that you have to manually wire the locks.  The wire listings, like Bulldog and
ReadyRemote, do show those connections but that is for installs using a "transponder bypass only" bypass
module, like the Honda SL3.  One of the reasons you pay extra for a full featured bypass module is to save time
and trouble.  Think I would connect and install as per the Connection 8 diagram and test everything before
ripping open the door.  Remember that this diagram only shows connections for what it handles.  You will still
have to make the main ignition wire connections, the Parking Lights and main Chassis Ground from the R/S
unit ( and possibly others depending on the R/S unit used ).

Soldering is fun!
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
I believe and I could be wrong that it supposed to lock and unlock the doors when arms and disarms the factory system. If it has a factory alarm. But that it still needs the analog wires because it will not lock and unlock the doors while the vehicle is remote started. Either way it's generally two wires and fairly quick to just hook up the analog wires regardless if it doesn't work when you've hooked up and programmed the bypass module.
Gary Sather
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
I found this on the 12 volt..
Doorlocks/Windows       
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Power Unlock RED (+) AT DOORLOCK SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR
PowerLock PINK (+) AT DOORLOCK SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR
that's is why i am asking, why would they put that info on the EVOALL/connection 8. which are the same two wires.
OKay will try it this weekend, and will let you know.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Pos door lock triggers on a Japanese vehicle? I don't believe it!
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
YAP also from another site.
POWER LOCK     PINK (+) TYPE A     @ DRIVERS DOOR LOCK SWITCH, GREEN 5-PIN PLUG, PIN 4     
POWER UNLOCK     RED (+) TYPE A     @ DRIVERS DOOR LOCK SWITCH, GREEN 5-PIN PLUG, PIN 3
that's why i am a little confused. I don't want to open the door panel if i don't have too.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
You may not have to.  Typically, with the latest full featured bypass modules, the module is able to control everything except the Trunk release during remote start / engine running.  Also check your R/S's door lock outputs, most are (-) so, if you had to go into the door, you would also need to convert polarity using relays or a 451M module.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Here's the DB-ALL2 link apparently, on the MDX the data system handles the locks so not needed.
file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/dball-dball2-honda4_en_ig_th20140310.pdf
crv2005 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
okay the evoall handled the door looks, but it was not able to handle the remote start.?? wondering why..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic