1998 camry remote starter need rap wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ykhehra1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
1998 Camry without engine immobilizer.
I installed Viper 4103xv remote starter with keyless entry.
Its working fine but lights (if set on auto) stays on till battery dead if shut down engine with remote.
Viper not giving more help then 'need to utilize the RAP shutdown feature on this system'.
What ever I found online about RAP is something in connection with bypass module or alarm.
But my car don't need bypass & alarm. How can I fix it? Thanks
djrico724 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hi sounds like a good one ok try shutting of RS with remote with lights on auto then open and close the drivers door to see if lights shut off I think there on timer so make sure you wait at least one min
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes lights get off when I put keys in door, but I want it automatic.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
You need to use the GREEN / WHITE "rearm" wire off the 4103 to pulse the drivers door pin. This will simulate you opening and closing the drivers door thus turning off the lights a few minutes later if not immediately. The drivers door pin wire is RED / green and can be found in the drivers side running board harness or in a white plug to the left of the steering wheel column, but to the right of the fusebox. You might have gotten your parking lights as well as your brake in the very same white plug as the drivers door pin is in. The drivers door pin will test as a ground when the door is open.
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I used 'H1/2 GREEN / WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY REARM' wire to connect RED / green-strip wire on on white connector at bottom of fuse plug.
It fix the above 'lights stays on' problem, but now door lock/unlock don't work when engine is off and doors are close.
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the picture of connection I mentioned above
1998 camry remote starter need rap wire -- posted image.
djrico724 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2014 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
Are you getting door lock wires from the orange plug under fuse box?
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
No, I hooked lock wires in kick panel to dark green and light green.
Do you think plugging them in orange connecter like in below picture will fix it?
ykhehra1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
here is right orientation of picture.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
In the picture with the parking lights in it, the drivers door pin is to the right of the parking light wire. RED / Green. The car needs to "see" the drivers door open and close after the car shuts down in order to start the timer to turn off the headlights. You can simulate this by using the rearm wire from the remote starter connected to the drivers door pin wire.
The headlights staying on until the battery dies has nothing to do with where you get your power door lock wires... You can get the door lock wires from many places in the car, they are all common and head back to the fusebox. Just like the brake and parking light wires, I can think of at least 4 places where to get those wires on the car, but they all end up at the fusebox as well.
I'm glad you got the parking lights at that connector and that you posted a picture of it so I can point out where you could easily find the drivers door pin wire. The brake wire (GREEN / WHITE)could also be caught at the wire above the drivers door pin RED / green wire in that same plug.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic