viper 4105 with gmdlbp 04 gmc denali

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
osolo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Greetings!
I am having a little trouble and I have searched high and low for answers and come up with nothing. Hoping someone here can lend a hand...
We have an 04 GMC Denali and I was trying to install a Viper 4105 with a GMDLBP. The problem I am having is with the Door Locks. I can't get the door locks to fire for nothing. The car starts remotely but it wont fire the locks.
I currently have the Green and Blue wires from the GMDLBP going to the Green and Blue on the on the 4105. I don't have the Pink or Pink/White from the GMDLBP going to anything yet. I believe I have to hook those to the rear door triggers but I was hoping to at least get the fronts working first. Any thoughts?
Also - Do I need the wire for the horn on the 4105 connected to the horn in the BCM or does the GMDLBP take care of the horn.
Do I need the Tach wire or can I just leave it? The car starts just fine so I wasn't sure if this was necessary.
Anyways... If anyone can shed some light my way that would be super!
Thanks.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  

Did you switch from the factory default of Platform Type 1 to Platform Type 4 to support your Denali?

You have all the connections you need for the door locks to work.  The Pink/White wire is for door trigger and not really needed for a non-alarm

install like your Viper 4105.  Same for the Pink wire.

The GMDLBP does not control the horn.  You must connect the Viper's horn output directly to the Denali's horn wire.

Think I would connect the Viper's Tach wire.  Running in Tach mode is provides more reliable operation in cold climates.

Soldering is fun!
osolo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I believe I changed it to type 4. It wouldn't run until it was in type 4. I will double check it in a few mins. If I understand it correct the pink is just going to trigger the rear doors, yes? Do you know if I can use the white wire behind the instrument panel on this rig for tach? I will hook up the horn wire today. Also do I need to hook the White +/- light flash output on the 4105 or does the GMDLBP handle that?
thanks
osolo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
So I just reprogramed it again to type 4 and still no door locks. I notice when I press the lock button on the fob the viper light flashes and never shuts off. The light on the GMDLBP never lights up from button presses on the fob. I don't know if the viper isn't sending the signal or if the GMDLBP isn't doing its job.
This is really frustrating. The manuals for these pieces of equipment are terrible. I'm not really sure where to go from here.
osolo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Another strang thing... when the viper is plugged in the GMDLBP wont let me into programing mode.
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Manually test the GMDLBP green and blue lock and unlock inputs respectively by using a test light to ground either input.
Also please list your connections, from what to where.
osolo 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
I got it... I feel stupid. I had the plug that has the green and blue out of the viper plugged into the wrong spot. Same plug just wrong spot. What a frustrating 12 hours of work. O well. She starts and the door locks work now. Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

The GMDLBP Pink/White wire will only supply the Door Status for the front doors.  But you really don't need that

signal for a non-alarm system.  The GMDLBP Door Lock control will do all doors, lock and unlock.

Yes, the White Tach wire at the instrument cluster is a good place to get the Tach Signal.   Test with a DMM set to

20V AC to verify wire as there are sometimes more than one White wire in that harness.  Running in Tach Mode
will also give your "over-rev" protection during a remote start.

The GMDLBP does not handle the Parking Lights.  Set your Viper to (-) Parking Light output and connect to this

Gray/Black wire in the Brown plug at the BCM :

viper 4105 with gmdlbp 04 gmc denali -- posted image.

Even though you're almost done, not sure if you noticed this Pictorial on a sister / similar vehicle:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic