icon

viper remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxz1983 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 560XV remote start system installed in my 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. I purchased the car used with the system installed on it already.
I've had the car for 2 years now, and a couple of months ago this problem randomly happened. All functions were working properly one day, and the next day I went to start the car, the remote start does not work. The lock and unlock functions still work properly. No problems there. I cannot remote start or open the trunk with my fobs anymore. If I push the remote start button twice like you are supposed to, the car actually unlocks and turns on the "illumination" lamps for walking to the car (reverse and fog lights on my car). The trunk button does nothing.
I also have no idea where the remote start disable toggle is located, and don't know where to look or what it actually looks like.
So please, if anyone can help it would be great. I would like to be able to use my remote start again soon since winter is fast approaching.
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with Viper 560XV alarm and remote start
mxz1983 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any ideas or hints? It's now cold again and it would be fantastic to be able to use my remote start again.
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with Viper 560XV alarm and remote start
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

Almost sounds like your are in valet mode...  ( but I'm not a Viper person )

Here is a link to the install guide for your system :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=454

At the end of the guide is a diagram of the actual module.  It is about 4" x 5" x 1.3" and should be under the driver
dash or center stack somewhere.  There might also be a bypass module for the cars' PK3 immobilizer system under
there. 

Try the Valet Mode Entry/Exit procedure with the FOB as shown on Page 50.  If that doesn't fix it, then you would

need to find the module and check that all harnesses are securely seated.  Test all the fuses next ( removed and
with a DMM ).  Next would be using the shutdown diagnostics to see any logged codes.

Soldering is fun!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
You could try disconnection the power to the brain, the fuse at the H1/11 Red wire, for a few minutes to see if that clears the issue.
Could try deleting all remotes and the reprogram your remote back to the unit.
Also check the fuses for the heavy gauge wires The Red, Red, and RED / White, (3, 6, & 8)
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic