icon

bmw e36 316i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chassis 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2014 at 4:12 AM / IP Logged  
It’s the 2nd time that someone tells me their bmw e36 316i alarm siren is not working.

I need to help this guy fix his faulty central locking and power windows

Did this vehicle come out with an alarm or just remote central locking with flashing indicators ?
I also want to know if the power windows work with relays or just a normal 5 pin switch.

Thanks a lot
Do it once,do it right - This means no short cuts. You never get paid twice for having to do the job twice because it wasn't done right the first time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2014 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Different markets had different alarm options.
Right hand drive cars; look for a siren on the left or a pin switch r/hand side on the hood (bonnet) shut plate.
You will find the alarm control unit behind the glovebox to either left of the silver management module or behind tucked behind the top of the carpet at the engine bulkhead.
The windows are controlled from the electrics module behind glove box.
The first thing to do is to check all of the fuses.
BTW There were multiple wiring variations between 92 and 95, any pre-95, keep well away from multiple failures from window mechanisms and locks, either mechanical or electronic, window door module.
Bringing the windows (roof after 905) is via a remote alarm done by extending the door lock time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic