the12volt.com spacer
icon

Car Stalls After Starting, Python 1400xp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darinus 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
Hello all,
I have a 1996 Buick Riviera. I have had the Python 1400xp Remote starter installed for over 4 years. Over the summer it randomly stopped working. The issue I am having is that the the car would start up fine, but seems as if the rpms slowly drop and the car stalls out. It usually runs for like 5 seconds. It then tries to start the car up 2 more times with no success. I have checked all the wiring and it they all seem to be correct.
I would appreciate any help since winter is just around the corner.
Thanks
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ziggyb222
Is there any security light on?
darinus 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
Nope.
darinus 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2014 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
The shutdown diagnostic shows 3 flashes - "low or no RPM"
darinus 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2014 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
Does anybody know how to test the Heavy Gauge Relay Satellite?
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2014 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
It seems like the fuel pump is not staying on after a RS, and the engine stops. Then won't restart because there's no fuel pressure. It probably isn't a VATS or pass-key issue, because that system will not shut down a running engine if it detects a bypass-error, but will turn on the SECURITY light.
The relay satellite has fuses in its red input wires. Should be 3 of them. Check these first of course. Then follow the heavy wires to where they interface with the car's ignition wires. You're interested in the car's pink, pink/wht or white, orange, and brown wires. (If your radio never worked with the RS, then the brown wire won't be connected to the RS, which has nothing to do with the current stops-running).
Test each of these wires for +12 volts when a RS is commanded. Particularly the pink/wht or white IGN-2 wire. If one output is "dead" you could wire a new external relay for the dead relay within the satellite.
darinus 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
Thanks Dave,
Hope you had a great thanksgiving!
I tested all of the wires, and I am getting good voltage when the rs activates. I checked all the fuses associated with the re, and as well as the fuses for the car itself. The connections were all good and soldered.
I guessed it was the rs itself and picked up an avital 4103. I installed it yesterday and I have the exact same problem.
The shutdown diagnostics keeps showing low rpm or voltage. The voltage when running is 14.5, So I ran the tach wire to the fuel injector. Same problem.
darinus 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2014 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
if the key is turned to the on position the rs will start and the car will run perfectly. Once the key is turned off the car stalls out again.
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shafferny
Not being smart, but did you do a tach relearn after connecting the tach wire.
One other thought, what happens if the vehicle is remote started and you keep the idle up to about 1500rpms or so? Does it stay running?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tedmond
shafferny wrote:
Not being smart, but did you do a tach relearn after connecting the tach wire.
relearn tach, and make sure you have all ignition wires powered up. you mentioned the car stays running with the key in the on position.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic