the12volt.com spacer
icon

Car Stalls After Starting, Python 1400xp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2015 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
I just looked at the diagrams again. The "white" wire can also be a pink/white. But there's definitely 2 IGN wires needed to make it run.
The orange wire (cooling fans AND HVAC) should be powered as an Accy.
The brown wire is for power windows, radio, and wipers. Not ultra-necessary for these to be powered in an unoccupied car. BUT.
If the brown and orange wires are powered in the original installation, there has to be an additional relay installed somewhere.There are only 4 outputs in the satellite relay, but there are 5 wires at the switch that need to be powered if everything is powered-up during a RS. (Including STARTER).
Perhaps this additional relay is utilized for the wht or pnk/wht IGN 2 wire, and has gone bad, or its power source has blown a fuse?
Another possibility for the malfunction to be present with both units.
darinus 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2015 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
Hello, I'm in the ignition now, there is no thin gauge white or pink/white wire.
Here is a purple and white and that is connected to the remote starter and energizes. This is the ignition wire I believe you're referring to. It gets energized without the fuel pump relay I added in.
These are my wires:
Heavy: brown Orange yellow red RED / white pink pink/white
Thin: green GREEN/ black PURPLE / white BROWN / white black red
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2015 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
davep. wrote:
I just looked at the diagrams again. The "white" wire can also be a pink/white. But there's definitely 2 IGN wires needed to make it run.
darinus wrote:
Hello, I'm in the ignition now, there is no thin gauge white or pink/white wire.
These are my wires:
Heavy: brown Orange yellow red RED / white pink pink/white
Are these wire colors for the wires in the car, or the wires of the old satellite relay going TO the car?
In all my posts, I'm referring to the wire colors of THE CAR.
IF these colors are for THE CAR, it looks like you have a HEAVY pink/white, but not a thin one. So it's heavy. OK. Be sure the HEAVY pink/white CAR wire is powered-up in R/S..
darinus 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2015 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darinus
Correct, those are all the Car's wiring from the ignition switch wiring harness.
The heavy Pink/white is connected to the RS on a separate dedicated wire. This wire does power and up show 13.4 volts.
If I disconnect this wire, and try to RS the car it wont even attempt.
For doodies and giggles, I ran an additional constant 12v line direct from the battery to the Pink/white wire and tried to start remote start the car, hoping to provide more amperage, and still the same condition.
Page of 5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic