clifford 570.4x no response to remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tazman171 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  
Hi there,
I recently installed a Clifford 570.4x into my 1991 Mazda MX-6. I have everything working, locks, trunk release, 30 seconds lights on on lock/unlock, dome light control, etc. It all works great. The remote start works great as well although I had to reprogram the flex relay pink/white wire to ignition 2 as I was getting no power to the distributor at starter crank over.
My issue is that everything works until I remote start the car. When I do that I get zero response to any of the commands from either transmitter which weren't programmed originally. I have a 998t bit writer and it show my remotes as xmitter 3 and the other as xmitter 4. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
This car was a DX, IE: no power windows, mirrors, trunk releases or locks and the power locks in these Mazdas were the other doors following what the drivers door did. So the windows, locks with button and trunk release,all with relays were done by me. All that works via the remote until the car is started via remote start. Then no communication until I unlock a door or the trunk with the key which shut the car off, sets off the alarm, and Bingo the remote and alarm start communication with each other instantly.
Any one encounter this issue?
Main Harness (H1), 6-pin connector
H1/1 RED(+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT Battery
H1/2 BLACK     (-) CHASSIS GROUND fuse kick panel
H1/3 BROWN     (+) SIREN OUTPUT alarm siren
H1/4 WHITE/ BROWN PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of onboard relay Not used
H1/5 WHITE      PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT RED / Black
H1/6 ORANGE     (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT Not used
H2 Harness, 24-pin connector
H2/1 PINK/WHITE     (-) 200mA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT Not used
H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE(-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT Grounded
H2/3 BLUE/WHITE     (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT Not used
H2/4 GREEN/ BLACK(-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT Not used
H2/5 RED / WHITE(-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT Own wiring to relay and actuator
H2/6 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O) RED / White (-)
H2/7 BLACK / YELLOW(-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT Own wiring to relay
H2/8 BROWN / BLACK(-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT Not used
H2/9 DARK BLUE     (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT Not used
H2/10PINK     (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT Not used
H2/11 WHITE/ BLACK(-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT Not used
H2/12 VIOLET     (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT Not used
H2/13 WHITE/ VIOLET(-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT timed door lights addon
H2/14 VIOLET/BLACK(-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT Not used
H2/15 ORANGE / BLACK(-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT Not used
H2/16 BROWN(+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT WHITE/ Green
H2/17 GREY(-) HOOD PIN INPUT (N/C OR N/O) alarm supplied one
H2/18 VIOLET / YELLOW(-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT Not used
H2/19 BLUE(-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (N/C OR N/O) Red (-)
H2/20 GREY/BLACK(-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT Not used
H2/21 WHITE/ BLUE(-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT Not used
H2/22 ORANGE(-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT Not used
H2/23 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT Yellow/Blue at the coil
H2/24 GREEN / WHITE     (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT Not used
Remote Start, (H3) 10-pin connector
H3/1 PINK     (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT Battery
H3/2 RED / WHITE     (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) Not used
H3/3 ORANGE     (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT BLACK/ red
H3/4 VIOLET(+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) BLACK / YELLOW
H3/5 GREEN(+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) BLACK/ white
H3/6 RED     IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) Battery
H3/7 PINK/WHITE     (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire) Reprog for ignition 2 BLACK/ white
H3/8 PINK/BLACK     (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed) Not used
H3/9 RED / BLACK     ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) Battery
H3/10     NC     No Connection
Door Lock, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE     (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT Door lock relay
2 EMPTY     NOT USED
3 GREEN     (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT Door unlock relay
I used diagrams from here, the dealer install guide for DEI alarms that are the same, Viper 5704x, etc. and the Mazda Service manual by Mazda. I cant figure this one out.
Oh yeah, the antenna is centered at the top front of the windshield.
Consistency is a "virtue" often overlooked, or if one is an a..hole handle them accordingly.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2014 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah, forgot this info;
The car is a manual but i have the neutral safety grounded through the e-brake circuit, the clutch switch jumper-ed and the alarm in automatic mode. I have the tack sense wire hooked up and learned as well
Consistency is a "virtue" often overlooked, or if one is an a..hole handle them accordingly.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2014 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
I have been through everything I can think of and don't see any setting that disables the transmitters during remote start. Everything works perfectly except when remote start is running. I'm at my wits end on this and electronics are not confusing to me at all. I'll keep googling and any helps is appreciated.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
I'm still having this issue, it tends to be intermittent and does it with both remotes but not at the same time.
In others words, one day the 2 way remote works no problem along with the 1 way remote, the next day the 2-way will quit functioning during remote start mode only but the 1 way will work allowing unlock, etc., during remote start. 2 days later it will be just the opposite.
I wouldn't think I would be the only person with this issue but I have been unable to find info on this problem.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Use the bitwriter to change a setting and back then when it asks you to "WRITE" press "SELECT" and change the specified remote to zero.
You might try seeing if there's a key sense wire at the ignition switch on Japanese, goes to ground when the key is inserted, use the dark blue status output wire and join to it if it's there.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, the key sense wire connection, if not connected it will keep the unit from communicating with the remotes then?
I've already used the bit writer and selected "0" when writing to the remotes, I actually deleted them also and reprogrammed them just to make sure.
I'll try that tomorrow at the shop after work, it 12deg out right now so not tonight. Ill report back and thank you for the suggestions howie II. clifford 570.4x no response to remote -- posted image.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Could not find a key sense wire per say, diagram shows a key reminder circuit but no wire colors. I tested each wire on the ignition switch, nothing went to ground or completed a circuit upon inserting the key but the key reminder beeps away.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
It wont be at the ignition switch plug, look for another connector on the barrel towards the keyhole, something has to alert the key reminder.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I had the column cover off and was testing at the ignition switch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Read again what I said. NOT the back of the ignition switch, further forward., where the key is inserted.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic