icon

2011 honda accord lx-s remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misturnice 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
I think the hardest part about learning anything is to do learn everything off of theory. Rather than having the product in my hands and flashing it to see the available flashes, and actually doing it. Thus, I'm sorry for my slow learning curve.
Th reason I'm asking for a lot of questions is because I would like to stick to one bypass, and learn how to do as much as I can with it, and the ADS ALCA seems to be the most universal. (However, if it ends up being too complicated, I'd go for the proven explained FLCAN you mentioned earlier).
If I were to use the ADS-ALCA, I would need to flash it with the DBI-AL(DL)-HA3 (not the ADS-AL(DL)-HA3). I would need to purchase the separate D2D cable, ADS-HRN DBI?. And I would wire it completely the same as the FLCAN - flashed with the FLC-AL(DL)-HA3.
I would wire everything D2D as shown in the previous page. ^ Is this true for all D2D, regardless of manufacturer of the R/S?
If I don't purchase the D2D cable, I would still flash it to DBI-AL(DL)-HA3, and connect it wire to wire? If it's not too much of a hassle, could you specify which wires on the Avital 4103 would need to be connected W2W, so I can see the comparison of W2W compared to D2D?
^Trying to see both sides of W2W and D2D.
misturnice
misturnice 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
After rereading the previous post, I see that you said DEI produces utilize the DBI protocol, so if I stuck to DEI products, I would be easier off with the FLCAN for the installs if I were to go D2D - due to having a D2D cable already included, and the proper DBI protocol already flashed. (Or I would need to flash it again regardless for the vehicle)
However, If I stuck with ADS, I would need to flash it to the vehicle, as well as flash it for DBI Protocol. And the D2D cable would be purchased to run D2D. However, if I were to run W2W, it would negate the need for D2D cable, and negate the need for the proper protocol?
Thus it makes me wonder, how do you know what's the protocol already on the device, and what firmware has the correct protocol?
misturnice
misturnice 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Also, if I were to go W2W, I would need to cut the Data Cable supplied with the bypass (Regardless of the configuration) to run a +12V and a Ground. However, if I were to run D2D, the cable stays in tack (granted the two ends are compatible for D2D) correct?
misturnice
misturnice 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'm finally understanding the wiring diagram requirements, and when I look at the DBALL2, the connections seem very straight forward, wire to wire or D2D.
Everything should be good to go working with DEI products and DBALL2 flashed with the correct firmware correct? - As well as, the cables are all correct due to the same company producing it?
I'm spitting out all the understandings I have, this way you can confirm my knowledge or correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!
misturnice
misturnice 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
I just got the remote start in, had a few questions right off the bat, how do I know which direction is a (-) polarity for the parking light jumpers? There's 3 pins, but no way to differentiate which way is (-) or (+). Also, is "Factory Arm Rearm" (Avital 4103) = "Rearm" (DBALL2) I need this connection for my automatic headlights.
misturnice
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

If you have one of the newer 4103's, it will have only 3 pins for the Parking Light jumper ( the Tach Hi / Lo has been deleted ).

On all the unit's I have used, there is a jumper position settings guide molded into the bottom on the black plastic 4103 shell
right by the pins.  Go by that.

As for the automatic headlights, yes use the 4103's Rearm Output exactly as shown in the Type 1 diagram.

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
default parking light comes as positive, if you move the jumper to the left it will be negative. verify with a meter before hookup.
connect the factory arm to the driver door pin for RAP or auto headlight shutdown
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
misturnice 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Didn't realize it was molded into the bottom of the shell, but I found it haha.
One last question, double checking the connections I need to make, what do I do with this connection?
Heavy gauge relay wiring diagram
5     (+) Programmable Output for Acc or Ign Red Accessory2 wire *** Program viper to Flex Relay = ACC2
^ what is programing it to a flex relay, and what do I do exactly?
misturnice
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
you can program it as a secondary acc. Realistically this connection is not required, as it would only power the radio on your vehicle.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
misturnice 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
Great thank you!
Just for personal knowledge, how would you program it as a secondary acc? Is there a procedure to do so?
misturnice
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic