icon

2015 mazda 3 hatchback

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

I just did a remote start in a 2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback using an Audiovox Pro9056E with an FLCAN in DBI. According to flashlogic the parking lights were at the switch using a relay to break ground and apply ground to the parking lights only. However this vehicle's light switch did not match the description in both the connector or wire colors. As well as the wires being hidden up inside the Integrated module housing. No way to access them even if they were correct at least not without taking a significant amount of stuff off the steering column. I would call it in-accessible. At least without great effort.

Directechs did not list a 2015 and the 2014 info was not correct. The car left as the owner was in a hurry, but I was wondering aside from running to each bulb has anyone found a proper parking light wire?

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
the one I just did had two parking light wires at the switch. One yellow and one green. Pins 3 and 4 of a 6 pin connector. Yellow needed a diode isolated ground signal and green needed a relay to interrupt the signal at the switch.
Gary Sather
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
I should have mentioned this was a PTS car..
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2014 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah the one I just did was a hatchback Mazda three push to start automatic
Gary Sather
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
I just got another one a 14 mazda 6 PTS in today. Install was identical. I took the switch out of its housing and there was the connector as shown in the flash logic diagram but there was less than an inch of actual wire visible. I did not attempt to cut and splice in that area. The 14 had the positive wires listed but again they were in too big a hurry so I did not get a chance to try them. 2015 mazda 3 hatchback -- posted image.
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2015 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
racerjames, did you ever come up with a workaround for this application? Currently doing a 2014 Mazda 3 manual PTS and running into the same thing.....6 pin plug with the needed wires is pretty much inaccessible! Al
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2015 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
Got it, actually not too bad at all to access. For future reference, remove steering column cover(push inward just above both turn signal and wiper stalks and pull upward to disengage upper half..2 screws from underneath to release lower half), turn steering wheel 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and you'll see locking tab for the light switch assy just behind wheel. Push tab in and remove light switch stalk/assy. Remove small transparent plastic cover on rear of switch assembly and you've got plenty of access to tap into the two wires needed (yellow & green). Hope this helps someone in the future! Al
racerjames76 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137998
2015 mazda 3 hatchback -- posted image.
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Lol....that's me, always late to the party! Nice pictorial racerjames....thank you! Al

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic