the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 jeep liberty

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
please some help here i did an remote start lock unlock viper with ads al ca the car its running for about 5 minuts and then the car shuts off and    i folow every step on the idatalink diagram type 3 i did not have any ign acc connected from the remote start to the car so could it be tach wire i did not have tach wire connected i programm to voltage and 1.0sec please help me lol
ricardoboston 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
hello techs i come up with another idea i just got a ads-hrn ch4   harness can you guys help me to get it connected to a remote start viper 4105v i have the harness connected to the bypass but its left 1 small harness and the viper start with wire goes to the harness thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

Think you need the ADS HRN CH5 for that Jeep Liberty...

You really should run in Tach mode.  The ADS AL-CA does supply a nice Tach signal.

Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Posted: November 14, 2014 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
hi Kreg357 i don't know how to get the remote start connected to this ADS HRN CH5 can you help me with that ?also on the ads al ca type 3 for the jeep its telling me to NOT get any ign or acc or start wire from the remote start to the car... on the regular cars always have ign acc connected
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

Personally, the CH5 Type 3 connections are very easy.  I always go W2W and never use the ADS HRN CH5 harness

for these vehicles.  Saves about $20 and works just as well.

There are only nine wire connections to the vehicle, and that includes the Hood Pin, the Parking Lights,+12V power

and Chassis Ground.  I don't bother with the Horn connection, doesn't respond that well.  There is an Ignition
connection to the vehicle that is from and controlled by the bypass module.  Additionally, the R/S provides a Starter
input to the bypass module.  The bypass module handles everything via CAN and the Starter MUX wire. 

Just make sure all the wiring is correct, the diode direction is as per the diagram and you run in Tach Mode.

Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Posted: November 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 i have my installation done just like type 3 connections are the only thing i did diferent its the tach , voltage instead and 1.0 sec and i did not have connected anything from the remote start to the car iginition, all the heavy wires i have connected to the ads al ca module was the ignition and starter wire ,i don't used acc and 2nd ign from the remote start i cut then off ,12 volt from the battery and the customer told me he hear like click under the dash i think it could be the shutdown diagnostic ,i don't think it could be the bypass cause it will not run for 3 to 5 minuts right? thank you for help me with this problem,i just don't know how to star checking this ,tomorrow morning the guy will be here and i hope i got some ideas thanks again
bigcyphe 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2014 at 2:26 AM / IP Logged  
The alca gives a tach. Why would u go tachless? Like kreg said.....the alca gives a good tach signal. I Would use it.
You learn something new everyday. Whether or not you fail to file it as useful is up to you.
ricardoboston 
Posted: November 15, 2014 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
good morning please can anyone tell me why the brain of remote starter clicks and clicks every time i try to start it please thanks I'm on this car right now
kreg357 
Posted: November 15, 2014 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

The clicking might be the Vipers internal relays.  Have you tried the Viper shutdown diagnostics?

To perform shutdown diagnostics:

1. With the ignition Off, press and hold the Valet button.
2. Turn the ignition On and then bock Off while holding the Valet button.
3. Release the Valet button.
4. Press and release the Valet button. The LED flashes to report the last shutdown for one minute or
    until the ignition is turned on, as shown in the following table:
LED Flashes     Shutdown Mode
1 flash   Timed out
2 flashes           Over-rev shutdown
3 flashes           Low or no RPM, low battery (voltage and virtual tach modes)
4 flashes           Transmitter shutdown (or optional push button)
5 flashes           (-) Hood Shutdown (5 pin Gray wire)
6 flashes           (+) Shutdown 15 pin Brown wire)
7 flashes           (-) Neutral safety shutdown (5 pin BLACK/ White wire)     
8 flashes           Wait-to-start timed out

Soldering is fun!
ricardoboston 
Posted: November 15, 2014 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 thank you for helping me a lot but the shutdown diagnostics don't work for me cause the R/S click but no flashes so i re checked all wires and i find the problem on the 12v wire from the battery this car has a remote start before and already has the 12v wire from the battery to inside i just have my powers connected to it and works ok for first time , problem was on the fuse , fuse was rust and bad connection from the other installer ,i was suppose to run a new wire my bad ,thanks all you guys for help me out 2008 jeep liberty - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic