Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction with this setup:
- iDataLink ADS-AL CA Bypass
- Prestige APS-997E Alarm/Remote Starter
- 2014 Mazda3 with Push To Start
Now, I get 90% of the wiring fine. iDataLink schematics are really simple to follow and understand. Apparently the 997E cannot be used with iDataLink via Data Mode - that's fine, more wires to solder for me I don't really care. I was able to find most of the connections between iDataLink and 997E, but it looks like some of the REQUIRED ones are missing (or maybe the terminology is different between those two companies).
Here's the iDataLink diagram http://postimg.org/image/x5wkfjj4t/
Here's the APS997E diagram http://postimg.org/image/7qqborh9j/
Here's the APS997E Install Manual http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/APS997E/APS997E_IM.pdf
iDataLink requires STARTER 1 (+) OUTPUT, STARTER 2 (+) OUTPUT AND IGNITION (+) INPUT to be connected to the Remote Starter. Not if you look in the APS997E manual there are: (8 pin main power harness)
1 Blue (Ign 1) OUTPUT
2 RED / White (+ 12VDC Relays Ign 1 & Ign 2)
3 Green (Ign 2) OUTPUT
4 Pink (Ign 3 COM) OUTPUT
5 Purple (Accessory) OUTPUT
6 Red (+ 12VDC Relays ACC & Start)
7 Yellow (Starter) OUTPUT
8 RED / Black Ign 3 N.O.)
iDataLink requires to be connected to STARTER 2 OUTPUT and IGNITION (+) INPUT, but the 997E provides only one STARTER OUTPUT and 2 IGNTION OUTPUTS but no INPUT. Any ideas?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

First, if you have the ADS USB cable and Flash site access, you could flash the ADS AL-CA bypass module with the

DBI flavor of firmware and go D2D with the APS-997E.  You would also need the correct ADS to DBI D2D harness.

Second the first two links don't work for me.  I did get the APS-997E Install guide OK.

You didn't supply enough info on your Mazda 3.  Is it a Hatchback or Sedan?  Is it a manual trans or automatic?

That will get us to the correct Type Install in the guide you listed.

What you have run into is a common problem with PTS systems.  They sometimes need a mixture of ignition outputs

which include both the common (+) and the less common (-) ignition signals.  The APS-997E does not supply the (-)
ignition signal like some other brands do ( Compustar and DEI ) and has limited flexibility with the (+) ignition outputs.

While you can achieve a working remote start install, it won't be as easy or straight-forward as with other available

R/S systems on the market.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic