icon

2009 vw city golf with dball2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daflipcyde 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Directechs install guide says to hook up everything on VESCM.  I can't find anything there.  So I hooked up starter and ignition directly from ignition harness and can wires on the alarm module.  Is this correct way to do it?  The VESCM are the relays right?  I can't seem to find the G plug.  Before I program the dball2 I plug via D2D and light turns solid red but letting it sit it will start to flash red twice then back to solid red.  Pressing the unlock, then turn on ignition does the same thing, solid red, flash red twice, solid red.  Defective module or wrong hookup somewhere?

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2014 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Silvery grey module half way down the steering column. VW are about the one vehicle the DB-ALL DB-ALL2 works well with.
daflipcyde 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I do not see that module anywhere in this vehicle. Also should the dball2 when 1st plugged in the light is solid red flashes twice then back to solid red? This is the pattern I get. This is before programming the module to learn CAN
daflipcyde 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
Wrapping the key and ignition does not seem to pick up the signal very well. Are there any other way to do this? I wrapped it around ignition 5 times and on key 5 times near the front as per instructed. Does not work. It will however work if key is against the ignition barrel.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
Key at rear also flash the DB-ALL2 before programming.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Alternative, VW dealer or decent locksmith, copy key, plain, basic chipped with no buttons for lock/unlock and use a 556U.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic