viper 5701 issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
codyycvpi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there,
I own a 2004 Ford Crown Victoria and I have a self-installed Viper 5701 alarm/remote start/keyless entry system. The system performed beautifully for the last 2 or so years. Then, a few months ago, I was out in the rain and unwittingly sat my keys down where they wound up getting drenched. This ruined my 2-way remote. I purchased a new remote that recently arrived. I programmed it and it worked for about a day. Now, the remote only works intermittently. For example, just this evening after leaving work, I remote started successfully, but then 2 seconds later when I attempted to disarm the alarm and unlock the doors, the system would not respond. I press the button on the remote, the remote light goes on and then... nothing... the remote won't even give me an out of range notification when this happens. It seems completely random too - sometimes multiple functions will work back-to-back and other times it stops working after a single function.
Any thoughts? Have I perhaps accidentally changed some system setting? Is my new remote garbage? My brain?
Thanks,
Cody
tazman171 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
Hey there, I don't have a solution for you but I do have the same issue a you, I've posted it here: clifford 570.4x no response to remote
The Clifford 570.4x is the same unit as the Viper 5704 and the same series a the Viper 5701 and I have the same frustrating communication problem during remote start only and randomly at that. Maybe we can bring more attention to this issue.
Consistency is a "virtue" often overlooked, or if one is an a..hole handle them accordingly.
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to say that this occurs with both remotes and they are the original units. Also,one day one works while the other doesn't or they both will one day and then the next neither one will, totally, insanely random with no rhyme or reason.
Consistency is a "virtue" often overlooked, or if one is an a..hole handle them accordingly.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
You guys could try pulling power from the brain for a few minuets see if that clears the issue.
Or, try deleting all remotes, then repair the remotes to the brain.
just a thought.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1 wrote:
You guys could try pulling power from the brain for a few minuets see if that clears the issue.
Or, try deleting all remotes, then repair the remotes to the brain.
just a thought.
I had done the power cycle and cleared the remotes several times, I don't know about the OP and I don't wanT to hijack his thread here. viper 5701 issues -- posted image.
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
When the 5701 was first released the remotes Key Pad lock setting was turned on, this locks the remote out after a period of time if a button wasn't pressed. Try pressing function, then unlock to wake up the remote.
You can turn off keypad lock by pressing an holding function for 8 seconds, until led lights up solid, then press unlock, if they lock button's LED is on solid that feature is turned on, press lock, the LED should shut off, turning off keypad lock
tazman171 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2014 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
bs1d3 wrote:
When the 5701 was first released the remotes Key Pad lock setting was turned on, this locks the remote out after a period of time if a button wasn't pressed. Try pressing function, then unlock to wake up the remote.
You can turn off keypad lock by pressing an holding function for 8 seconds, until led lights up solid, then press unlock, if they lock button's LED is on solid that feature is turned on, press lock, the LED should shut off, turning off keypad lock
If you notice we can use the remote to start the vehicle and then there is no communication, the remote is not locked or it wouldn't have started the vehicle, right after remote start pressing any button sends the command but gives the comm error buzz. Also the back up remote does the same thing. And all of this is random, never consistent. viper 5701 issues -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2014 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
just as a thing to cross off of the list of possibilities id inspect your antenna and the wire and make sure it is not being pinched and the plugs are in all the way. then delete all remotes, turn the remote off, unplug the alarm brain from the power source for a few minutes and then turn everything back on and re program the remotes. if that dont work then id suspect a defective keypad.
and make sure you have a good ground to the alarm brain, alarms tend to act funny when there is too much resistance on the ground from a bad spot or just loose connection.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic