viper 5706v in 88 suzuki vitara

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trahmah 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys
I bought a Viper 5706v from eBay and had it shipped to Melbourne.
My first alarm install but I've done a few aftermarket car ECU's
The car is known in Australia as a 1988 Vitara, closest think in the States i believe is a 1989 Sidekick.
Anyway, i think I've wired everything up correctly, ive done heaps of research on here and elsewhere before installing and again before posting.
I have plugged in a bitwriter. i can read he config file from the "brain" and zap the unit to factory defaults. after zapping, the siren chirps a few times but this is the only sign of life. I've replaced the all-in-one control centre and cable but still i get no lights on control center or car. my next step is to try and buy a replacement "brain" but i thought i'd try my luck here first.
Thanks in advance
bs1d3 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
If you "zap" the brain it will also delete the remotes. Have you reprogrammed the remotes to the brain?
trahmah 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't been able to reprogram the remotes because i can't seem to get the unit into pairing mode, as in i don't get the chirps or led flashes. i've grounded the door trigger wire (-) in case my door switches are playing up but that didn't change anything.
thanks for the reply.
bs1d3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
Have you verified you are getting ignition power on the pink wire? Will it go in and out of valet mode? Could try grounding the activation wire (WHITE/ blue) on the viper unit and see if it powers up.
bs1d3 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
By grounding the activation wire, I should say just tap it to ground, that should atleast duplicate pressing the start button the unit.
trahmah 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
I am getting ignition power on the pink wire but i will re-check it again. i will also try grounding the activation wire and see if that helps. i dont think i have that connected to anything atm. I'll try that tonight and post back.
thank you for your assistance
trahmah 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2014 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
ok so i checked the pink wire for 12v when key is in on position and it was fine. on the 10-pin harness i am not using 3 wires: Pink/Black, pink/white, RED / white.
i tapped the activation input to ground and after a few seconds i got 7 flashes of the parking lights. all of this time i have not had any status led activity at all.
Does this not mean that my wiring is probably fine? any other ideas?
thanks
trahmah 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone else?
trahmah 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 5:34 AM / IP Logged  
I went to an Authorized dealer, they plugged in a new unit out of a box and the whole thing worked perfectly. Surprise Surprise, it was a faulty alarm brain from eBay.
thanks bs1d3 for trying
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Funny that over here in the UK my colleague and I install about 10 a week, NEVER EVER had a faulty unit!
But we are authorised dealers and buy from Clifford UK.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic