icon

amature, avital 4103, 2002 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j2edline 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
Wired the RS myself and car starts, doors lock and unlock, trunk pops through a relay. However the heater turns off as soon as the car is started. Works perfect if started with the key. Tried changing the programming to no avail. Is there something I left out? I followed the wiring diagram in the wiring guide on this site.
I currently do not have the key sense wired to anything as the factory alarm disarms upon unlock and this car has no immobilizer. Maybe this is the problem? Should I wire it as status 2?
On a side note: I've been searching online and I have found 5 different ways to wire the relay for antigrind so that the key doesn't activate the starter once the car is started and put in the on position. I have no clue which is the right method. Some direction to a correct one would be appreciated.
j2edline 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2014 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
bump?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2014 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

Your Camry has multiple ignition circuits, more than the 4103 can supply directly.  There are two Ignition wires, two Starter

wires and one Accessory wire.  I'm thinking that you did not power all the ignition wires.  Below is a listing for the 4103's
heavy ignition wires.  Perhaps you could tell us which wires were connected to what in the Camry.

Heavy gauge relay wiring diagram

1  PINK  (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO IGNITION CIRCUIT
2  PURPLE  (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT
3  ORANGE  (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT
4  RED  (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12 INPUT
5  PINK/WHITE  (+) PROGRAMMABLE OUTPUT FOR ACCESSORY OR IGNITION
6  RED  (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT

Ready Remote info for the 2002 Camry

12volts        WHITE/ red (30A)   +    ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7
Starter         BLACK/ white  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 8  
Second Starter       BLACK / YELLOW  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 1  
Ignition        BLACK/ red  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 6  
Second Ignition      BLACK / YELLOW  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 4  
Accessory blue/red  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 3

If your Camry has the Factory Alarm system, you could connect the 4103's Dark Blue (-) Status Output  wire to the Camry's

Keysense wire to prevent triggering the Factory Alarm during a remote start. 

Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2014 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
kreg's got you on the right track.
1: The car's blower motor is powered by the BLACK / YELLOW Ignition 2 wire. Your car also happens to have a BLACK / YELLOW starter wire, I believe. You probably have them connected backwards-----you are triggering the blower wire with your remote starter's starter output, instead of your accessory output. Don't feel bad; I have done this before.
2: If your Camry has no immobilizer, it also has no factory alarm, unless you have the (uncommon) dealer-installed Toyota VIP system. The factory-installed alarm only came on the XLE, and all XLEs of that vintage had immobilizers as well. So there shouldn't be any need to connect key sense.
3: Anti grind.
Go here: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page2.asp#sk1
And look at the first diagram, "normally closed starter kill relay." That'll do it for you.
Even though the Camry has two starter wires (and hopefully you've powered them both up already), you only need to interrupt one of them in order to achieve anti-grind. I always interrupt the larger (BLACK/ white) out of habit, but I suppose it doesn't matter.
See in the diagram the #30 on the relay, that says "to starter motor?" The only thing missing from that diagram, is that on the 30 side of the wire you cut, you should also have the (purple) starter output from your remote starter there as well.
NOTE: Your Viper's programming menu should give you some options for the orange wire. You can do only anti-grind, or also a starter kill if you want.
You can program that however you'd like, but if you enable starter kill, be sure the valet button is easily accessible, and the user manual always left in the car, so if the remote control should fail, anyone who drives the car can disable the starter kill without the remote.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic