the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

ignition t-harness for 2012 honda civic?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
colpaz 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
I've been poking around here and other places for a bit trying to find a vendor for an ignition switch t-harness for a 2012 Civic, with little success! Bulldog lists a few, with the most recent supported year listed as 2005.
Any thoughts on where to find an ignition T-harness for a 2012 Civic? This is for a remote start install, and I'd prefer to not permanently modify the heavy gauge ignition wires (especially cutting the starter wire for the anti-grind...
Thanks,
Colin
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I think the Fortin EVO-ONE should have a T-harness available for this car. I can't remember for sure if it's already available yet, but check out fortin.ca and look up your car there.
colpaz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! Looks like the Fortin thar-one-hon2 is the correct harness.   Any suggestions on where to purchase Fortin products? I have calls into a few distributors at the moment.
The starter module will be a Directed DBALL2PRO with MC501 relay box and ASMC200 SmartStart cellular interface module.
Cheers,
Colin
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
Is the T-harness available for just the immobilizer bypass? Kinda looks like it.
If that's the case, I think it's rather pointless. If you have to hack all the high current wires by splicing into them, why not just finish the job and do the ones involving the immobilizer harness?
colpaz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Nope, looks like it does high current + immobilizer, which is fantastic - leaves all the important factory stuff untouched. Just need to tie into locks, parking lights, OBD2, defog, and heated seats myself (the ASMC200 cell module is also a code reader, shows codes in phone app... and 2x aux circuits will be for defrost and driver's heated seat).
T-harness ref: http://fortin.ca/download/21771/evo-one_thar-one-hon2_honda_accord_(2013-2014)_-_key.rev-20141010.pdf
Cheers,
Colin
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome! Good deal!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic