icon

can't get prostart into ready mode

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jamesram 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2014 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I have been trying to install a two way Prostart 3471 into my 2002 Saturn SC1 manual transmission. Everything seems to be correct I just can't get it into ready mode to start it. I have reprogrammed the tach a couple of times and double checked the wiring and I can't find the issue. I pull the ebrake and click the start button on the remote and the lights blink three times. I then take the key out and it stays running. Then I push the start button to shut it off and after it shuts off the lights only blink once (supposed to blink twice if ready mode is enabled) and the ready mode symbol doesn't come on the remote. The manual says one blink means ready mode is not enabled. Anybody have any suggestions?
jamesram 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody?
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Have you connected the door pins? The system needs to see the doors open and then close before you use the remote to enter ready mode. Check programming of the Autostart as well as you need to program some things specifically for manual transmissions.
sparky
jamesram 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input! I haven't wired the door pins as I don't want the car to shut off when I open the doors. Is there any way around this? I've tried grounding them out but still nothing. Only other things it specifies on in the instructions for a manual is the tach, ebrake, brake and hood pin are hooked up. Now another thing I am wondering is if not having a bypass is causing an issue? As far as I know I have disabled the passlock system following this method.
http://www.kingbain.com/how-to-permanently-disable-gm-passlock-system/
jamesram 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Just to add to that, no security light on the dash, no security blinking on startup no indication that the passlock is interfering.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
The vehicle should stay running with door opening and closing. It will shut down after you exit the vehicle and then hit the lock button on the remote. You can then remote start it if you want. It will remote start anytime up until a door is opened. Opening the door disables ready mode, but the vehicle will continue to run until brake is depressed or runtime expires.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic